Chapter 44

A/N: Heyyooo! It's been a while, but here's an update!

***Warning: This chapter contains mature/sexual scene!*** (Rated-18+)

There will be another author's note further down to let you know when it starts and finishes. You've been warned.

Happy reading ;)
_______________________
Chapter 44

Ace gazed at the sky filled with countless stars. His mind wandering off to the uncertain future of his relationship with Chloe.

"What are you thinking about?" Chloe interrupted him, passing him a can of lemonade she found in Kyle's refrigerator. The newly weds were off to their honeymoon so Ace had the apartment all for himself. He then decided to invite Chloe over and asked her to stay the night. They just wanted to enjoy every moment they had before he leaves for Connecticut. They haven't really had the conversation of him going back to Connecticut or her trip to Australia. It seemed that both of them were too afraid to ask the question and ruin the relationship they just started to build.

Ace took the lemonade from her grasp and sighed. "Nothing much. I'm just glad we finally told our family about us. I no longer have the weight of the world on my shoulders." He suavely muttered, as if reciting an inspiring poem.

Chloe chuckled as she opened her lemonade and took a swig of it. The sourness of it brought a shiver down her spine and she loved the feeling of it travelling down her throat. "Yeah, me too. I never imagined this day would ever come." She truthfully told him while she leaned her back against the railings of the balcony.

"Me neither. Dating you is like..." He trailed off as he tried to find the right words to describe what he was feeling. Chloe waited in anticipation, intrigued of what he had to say. "It's like a fairytale come true." He finished off, making her smile at his chosen word.

"Fairytale? Now that's a word I've never thought would come out of your mouth." She teased.

"Well isn't that the term girls used when they start dating their prince charming?"

Chloe amusingly scoffed at him. "So now you're insinuating that you're my prince charming? Can you get more conceited, Mr. Parker?"

Ace nonchalantly shrugged. "Well aren't I? You've never dated anyone before me, and you've liked me for as long as I can remember. We both know you've been waiting for me, your prince charming." He smirked, sending her a wink.

"That's not true!" She protested. "I've dated other guys before you."

"Oh yeah? Name one?" He challenged.

Chloe racked her brains out to name a guy she dated before. It was very difficult since she didn't really date anyone because she was too busy crushing over Ace. "There's Pete Swagller!" She announced, finally coming up with a name.

Ace's forehead scrunched in concentration, trying to remember the guy. "Pete Swagller. Pete Swagller." He chanted, hoping that the name would ring a bell.

"Yeah! See, I've dated other guys before you." Chloe pointed out with a victorious smile on her face.

When the familiar name finally clicked in Ace's head, a laughed had escaped his lips before he could even stop himself. Chloe shot him a dirty look, unsure of what he was laughing at. "Oh gosh, Pete Swagller. A kid from high school, right? He was the captain of the chess team." He said as he remembered the lanky boy who always wore plaided shirt in high school.

"Yeah, he asked me out once and I said yes."

"I'm pretty sure you guys went to the park to babysit his little cousins."