Chapter 17

A/N: Finally found some time to update. I will continually apologize for the late updates because school load is insane right now.

Happy reading everybody :)
_______________________
Chapter 17

Chloe, Jane, and Pia were all together in one cabin with two other girls in their other classes. Their cabin was about fifteen feet away from Ace, Pearson, Colin, Liam, and Jared's cabin.

There were five single beds and Chloe took the one near the window. "I am so excited for the camp fire tonight!" Pia uttered as she switched out of her sandals into a pair of sneakers.

"Me too! It's gonna be a blast!" Jane pipped in as the two other girls who were their roommates for the weekend waved goodbye and left the room.

Chloe sat on the bed quietly and ignored the two. She was not up to putting up an act and pretending she was excited. The last thing she wanted was to attend this stupid trip. She was fiddling with her fingers, already thinking of the worse scenarios that could happen to her while she was away from home. Sometimes, she couldn't help but think that she was cursed to go on trips and she should never be privilege to go on one where she could enjoy.

"Chloe!" Jane called out to her friend who had been out of her mind since they had left this morning. Jane could see fear and anxiousness on her face and she felt a little bad for forcing her to come. She knew Chloe wouldn't be able to enjoy if she kept thinking about what bad things could happen during their trip.

"C'mon Chlo, don't be so sad. I promise you that we'll make sure this is going to be your best trip ever!" Pia assured her.

"Roll call, everybody! Let's keep moving now!" Mr. Kim screamed from outside. All three girls rushed to their feet and went to the base lodge where they would be meeting with the rest of the class.

Jane and Pia sprinted towards Liam and all squealed in excitement, while Chloe took her time walking towards their little huddle. "Why the sour face, Miss Beautiful?" Jared asked as he walked by her side with a playful grin on his face.

"I really don't want to be here right now." She honestly told him.

He scrunched up his face in confusion before replying. "And why is that? Not a fan of camping?"

"More like 'not a fan of excursions'." She answered.

"Really? But school trips are suppose to be fun and relaxing. Not only are you getting away from school and missing classes, but you get to hang out and have fun with your friends and acquaintances."

"I don't know...I guess I've always just been paranoid of it. You see, whenever I go on school trips, I tend to find myself in trouble. It's either I get chased down by a monkey or get separated from the rest of the group. Ever since then, I've accepted the fact that I've been cursed to go on school trips." She explained.

"So that's why you looked anxious early." He noted as she nodded her head in response. "We're in the middle of the woods right now. I mean, the worse that could happen is you tripping and falling down, breaking your neck in the process. Or getting eaten by wild bears in the middle of the night." He went on, only bringing more fright to Chloe. As if she wasn't paranoid enough.

"Ooh, you know what, I think I saw some elves by the tree on our way here. Maybe we can ask one of them to reverse the curse that's been casted on you." He teased, making Chloe realized that he was joking to begin with.

Chloe hit him on the arm and shot him a dirty look. "You're not funny!" She told him, although a smile was clearly visible on her face.

Ace was standing across from them and frowned at the sight of the two. Ever since they had arrived, Chloe had done nothing but frown. So seeing her smiling and laughing with Jared made Ace irritated somehow.