Chanyeol: Before You Go

"I got an offer to a better school in Seoul," he says quietly. At that very moment, my heart thumpts. Half of me is happy for him but the other half doesn't want him to be apart from me. But I know it's the best for him. After all, he really hopes he gets any offer and now he does! I should be happy for him.

But a part of me still won't let him go  "You're going?" I ask, eventhough I know he'll accept that.

"Sorry," was all that he could say to me. He has that gloomy look on his face and I hate it to see him like that.

"Don't be," I say as I reach out for his hand. "You've work hard to get into that school. I'm happy for you," I continue as I flash him my usual smile. I can see in his eyes that he's not willing to go without me. I can sense the tremble on his hand that he's afraid to lose me.

He wastes no time and pulls me in his arms. I can feel his tears dripping on my neck. "I don't want us to be apart from each other. I want you to sit next to me. Always next to me. Smile sweetly at me. I want you to stand in front of me and look at me. I want you to come with me. I can't bear to miss you every second. It hurts, Heesoo," he whispers to my ear and I can sense he's as hurt as me.

I know his past. How everyone he loves abandons him. How he's eager to feel loved. I understand him. I know how it feels because I've felt the same thing before. "I love you and I know you love me too. You should go. It's for your future. I'll be moving out to another school too. We've promised to keep in touch, right? I promise to call you whenever I have time and so do you." I can barely say it as my tears choke me too.

"But I want you to be in front of me. I want you to be right next to me. I can't miss you badly. I might lash out on you and I don't want you to cry because of me. Your tears hurt me the most," he stutters under his breath, arms wrapping themselves around me tighter than before. I hate seeing him hurt like this.

"Chanyeol, I love you and I want you to be the first and last person I will love like this. So I won't forget you. The only thing that will stop me from doing that is yourself. If you let me go, I'll go." As soon as I end my words, he breaks the hug and kisses me deeply. His tears trickle down my cheeks, a sign that he won't leave me no matter what.

When he breaks the kiss, he cups my cheeks and rests his forehead on mine. "I won't let you go. If I do, I'm a fool. Because no one will ever love me as much as you do," he confesses sincerely. "You'll wait for me, right?" I nod and he smiles widely. "I'll come back. And I'll make you my wife," he promises.

"Don't break your promise or I'll cry," I warn him and it manages to make him chuckle.

"I'll make you cry in happiness."