10

Leona
Tuesday, February 26
3:30pm

••••

I was sitting in the library with Chantae unable to concentrate. I had so much on my mind that I just needed to get it out.

"Tae?" I said.

She looked up from her notebook that she was writing in and smiled.

"Wassuh Nana?"

"Can I tell you something? Please don't overreact."

She kept the same smile on her face while waiting for what I had to say.

"I've never kissed a girl before and I want my first kiss to be with you."

Chantae smirked and slid back and out of her seat. Walking over to me she gently wrapped her hand around my neck and pulled me closer. Placing her lips on mine she kissed me. I wasn't sure how to feel honestly. It was like my body was frozen. I wanted to speak but couldn't. That was the best kiss I've ever had.

"You good shorty?" Tae asked with a smirk on her face.

I just shook my head no. She laughed and flopped down in my lap.

"What's up? Tell me what's on your mind? You're my best friend right?"

I smiled and said yes. Explaining to her how I really felt about her she smiled. I wasn't expecting for her to be this open and accepting of what I was saying. For as long as I've known Tae she's been into guys and that's it.

"You know I just got out of a relationship. If I was to ever date a girl it'd be you. Let's just take it slow and see where things go ok. I don't want you to be a rebound because Malik hurt me."

I nodded my head and grinned. Tae leaned down and kissed my lips again. They felt so good and soft I wanted to keep kissing her. Moving from her lips to her neck I gently kissed and sucked. She let out a soft moan and we had to remember where we were.

"Mmm let's not before we get something started."

Laughing, I grabbed my bag and opened the door to the study lounge. Today Nasir was picking us up and taking us back to his sister's house. Chana does not trust Tae alone at her house for anything so until she does we'll be supervised. Kind of sucks, but whatever I guess.

••••

"Tae is that..is that a hickey?" Na'Jai asked pointing to her neck.

She walked over to a mirror and looked in it. Seeing the hickey that I had put there we both laughed. Jai was looking confused while Nasir had already put two and two together.

"Wait?" She questioned looking between us two. "Leona you did that?"

Giggling I nodded yes. Jai had this look of shock on her face that was too funny.

"It was an accident?"

Nasir sucked his teeth while Jai looked on with even more confusion.

"How do you accidentally suck on someone's neck?"

Nasir busted out laughing. I wanted to laugh too because that's such a good question. I didn't have an answer to it though. All I know is I was in the moment. I wanted to do more than kiss on Tae's neck.

"I should've known the way you were laid between her legs something would happen between y'all. Whatever you're going to do, take it slow."

"That was the plan" Tae said sarcastically.

Jai just looked at her and rolled her eyes. She definitely doesn't know how to hide her emotions or facial expressions. I finished up my homework while Tae rested against me and watched tv. It wasn't long before she was falling asleep.