41

Chana
7:45 pm

••••

I've been in meetings all day long discussing whether we have space for new businesses to rent space in my building. I've also been meeting with current businesses to talk about whether they want to renew their lease or end it. Sometimes I think about selling the building and owning something smaller, but the money that it brings in is nice.

"Hey baby" Jai said standing in the kitchen. "I ran you a bath. I know you've had a long day."

I smiled and walked over to greet her with a kiss and hug. She's cooking dinner tonight and it smells amazing. I remembered the conversation that I had with Sammy and decided to talk to her now before I'm too tired to talk about anything.

"Oh babe. Sammy came to me asking if we would foster a kid on her caseload. She said the kid has had a rough life and she thinks we would be a positive light for her."

Jai stopped stirring the gravy and looked over at me. She gave me a half smile and asked me what I wanted to do. I honestly didn't know.

"I really don't know. Part of me still isn't over or used to Tae not being here. I feel like I'd be moving on and forgetting her by taking another child in. I also don't want this kid to continue suffering. If we have the means to provide her a better life, then why not."

Jai smiled and walked over to me. Placing her hand on my face she gently stroked my cheek. She stared at me in a way that I haven't really seen her look at me. It's almost like she's admiring me.

"I think this is something that will help you and this kid. I say let's do it."

I nodded and and leaned down to give her a kiss. Thanking her I made my way upstairs. Pulling my phone out I made sure to text Sammy with the news.

Text to: Cousin Sammy
Set up the meeting. We'll do it!

I tossed my phone on the bed and started to strip down to nothing. I saw the tub full of bubbles and the candles lit around it. I thanked the universe for sending such a beautiful soul my way.

•••

12:45 pm

Jai and I are sitting at the Child Services center having a meeting with Sammy and some of her coworkers. They're going over all the steps we need to take before becoming a foster parent and all the guidelines we must follow once we do become a foster parent.

"Y'all should be able to get all of this done within a few days. I'll push your tests and everything else through as priority so that it doesn't get hung up in the waiting box."

We both nodded our heads and let them know we understand. They told us that they will be out tomorrow to do a house inspection and make sure the living arrangements are acceptable. I'm not worried though because our house is always kept up and we have more than enough space.

We wrapped up the meeting and shook each of their hands. I rushed out because I have a meeting at 2 with a potential client. They are wanting to lease a space in the building for their magazine company.

I gave Jai a kiss good bye and Sammy a hug. It's now 1:35 and I have a twenty minute drive into the office building. I pray there isn't traffic.

••••

This is just a filler chapter/continuation of the last chapter

As always stay tuned...