55

Lyrica
12:30pm

Kennedy and I have been texting and talking on the phone since the party Friday. We haven't really had time or the chance to talk at school though because of all the attention she's getting. I mean I get it though. Kennedy is a really cool person.

"Girl she really doesn't give a fuck about them people. Look at her face. She's over it" Izaak said making me laugh. "I'm finna go save her lil ass."

Izaak stood up and walked across the cafeteria towards Kennedy. They locked eyes and it was almost as if she was thanking him before it even happened. He grabbed her by the hand and led her away from the flock of birds that surrounded her.

"Thank you because I was two seconds away from saying fuck them kids."

Kennedy sat down next to me and placed her arm behind me on the cafeteria booth. She smells amazing and I'm trying not to be the typical lesbian and rush things, but damn I'd love to sit on her face right now.

"Lyrica" I heard Izaak yell.

I jumped out of my thoughts and almost out of the booth, but Kennedy grabbed me. I gave him a look as if to ask what the fuck he wants. He laughed hysterically and I felt this rush of embarrassment come over me. He knows that I get embarrassed easily; we dated for a month before realizing that I like girls, and girls only, so he knows a lot about me from the friendship we continued.

"You good mama?" Kennedy asked.

I cheesed so hard I'm sure I look crazy. No words would come out so I nodded my head and that's when the bell rang. We stood up and grabbed all of our trash to throw away. As we made our way out of the cafeteria one of Asha's friends bumped into me. I took a deep breath and let it out smoothly.

"Chamomile watch where the fuck you're going."

She scrunched up her face and stepped towards me. "You know my name is Chamille so get it right bitch."

Izaak stepped between us two because he already knows I will pop somebody first and ask questions later. I've gotten better at my anger through therapy and Izaak teaching me different ways to cope, but every so often I let my emotions get the best of me.

"Look Chamille, just go on to class because we all know" he said pointing around to the by standers, "you can't fight even if your life depended on it."

All the students standing around started to laughed. Chamille's face turned a bright red and she started to bite her lip; something she does when she's embarrassed or nervous. Asha finally made her way through the crowd and stepped right to me and stared me dead in my eyes. Her little tough girl act isn't scaring me or making me back down.

"Come on y'all let's go. I don't want to be suspended from school over this bullshit."

Izaak and Kennedy both agreed and we began walking away; that is until I felt hands wrap around my hair and pull it. It stopped me right in my tracks, pulling my head backwards. I felt a pop in my neck and was immediately in pain. Even though I was hurting I turned around and cussed her out.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you that my hair is real, unlike yours. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you insist on getting on my got damn nerves ol dumb ass bitch. Always seeking attention instead of seeking professional help."

With that being said everybody was left Oouu'ing and Ahh'ing while I drug Izaak and Kennedy both into the girls bathroom. As soon as the door closed I fell into Kennedy's arms and cried. That's how much pain I'm in because I never cry over physical pain.

"Oh fuck. This is bad. She never cries so something is wrong. I'm about to call her aunt cause naw" I heard Izaak say.

I can tell Kennedy isn't real sure what to do or say so she just wraps her arms around me and asks what hurts. I point to my neck and I can see her lean down a little to check it out. She gasps and holds me a little tighter.

"Her aunt's wife said she's on the way. We need to go to the office."

Kennedy nodded no. Izaak was confused, but once he saw my neck he let out the loudest scream. He started pacing back and back forth before Kennedy finally told him to calm down.

"So um" Kennedy paused, "Asha may have yanked your head so hard she tore a muscle in your neck. It's definitely swollen and I can see where the muscle is sticking out."

I almost spazzed out and went to find Asha so I can fight her, but Kennedy held me tight and wouldn't let me go.

We stood in the bathroom for another ten minutes before Izaak got a text from Tamikah; my aunt's wife. She told him that she's in the office and for us to make our way to her. Kennedy asked me if I can walk and I said yes. As soon as she let me go, and I turned to walk out I felt a rush of pain shoot through my neck.

"Fuckkkk this hurts. I can't."

Izaak said that he would go to the office and get someone while we waited. Kennedy leaned down to kiss my forehead and told me it would be okay. I wanted to believe that, but the pain I'm in says otherwise.

Tamikah and I are just now getting back home from the doctors office and picking up my medicine from the pharmacy. Kennedy was right. Asha yanked me so hard that my Sternocleidomastoid Muscle partially tore. The pain I'm in right now is almost unbearable, but the medicine they gave me got me floating sky high.

"Hey baby. Izaak and Kennedy both texted you" Tamikah said holding my phone.

I asked her to read me their texts.

From: Izaak
Hey..what'd the doctor say?

From: Kennedy
What'd the doctor say? How you feeling?

I told her what to say back to each of them. Once she was done responding she locked it and sat it back on the couch beside me. They have me in a neck brace and I look and feel dumb as hell.

"Ima fix you something to eat before I go back to work. Your aunt is getting off early to be with you."

I softly said okay and watched Carnival Eats on the cooking channel. I felt myself dozing off and decided to stop fighting it. This isn't how I thought I'd be spending my afternoon, but Asha gone get hers.

Merry Christmas 🎁🎄 y'all!

I hope you're enjoying your day if you celebrate. If not I hope you're still enjoying your day 💛

What'd y'all think about this chapter?

Asha bold as hell huh?

High School always had some kind of drama lol

Anyway, thanks for reading