34

Jazmine
December 15th, 2018
9:50 am

••••

Life has calmed down since last month. Tae's killer was sent back to a mental institution, but this time a more secure one. She's not allowed to have visitors, and she's only given two hours out of the day to go outside. Chana is still angry at her, and I can tell. Jai has been walking on eggshells around her because she doesn't want to say or do the wrong thing. Chana has been kind of on edge since everything happened and I kind of don't blame her.

None of us got to get together for Thanksgiving because it didn't feel right celebrating anything with Tae dead. We all agreed to try again next year. Right now we're just trying to get back on our shit and live life.

"Babe the huge conference room on the second floor needs to be painted. What color?"

I tapped my leg and thought for a second. It's a conference room so it doesn't need to be a bright color.

"Umm have them paint it an off white color. Or a beige color."

She nodded her head and made her way back towards the stairwell. A'lira, Jai, Nas, and Leona are all helping with the building preparation. We are supposed to be up and running by March 2019.

As A'lira suggested, I partnered with Jai. We are opening a learning center for High School and College students. The first floor will be the main learning floor. Three study rooms, computer room, library; which we knocked a wall out and combined two rooms to make, and two virtual reality rooms for students who want to go down that route.

The second floor will have three conference rooms. There will also be a smaller computer room, a photography room with a dark room attached, a painting room with all the paint and brushes a student would need, and lastly a music studio for students who want to pursue a music major in college or make a career out of it.

The third flood is essentially Jai's floor. She has free reign over how she wants it to flow. The first person you will see is the front desk person. They will be checking patients in and out. Next will be a waiting room, just in case Jai runs over or the parents of the students want to wait for them. There will be two different counseling rooms. Before each patients visit the room will be equipped with two bottles of water and their favorite juice or soda, snack or candy. Jai's office will be the size of two rooms and will have a bathroom and pull out couch inside. On the third floor will be two gender neutral bathrooms that consist of a toilet, shower and sink.

"Here's the floor plan ma'am" the contractor said showing me the layout of the building. "So if you want to build an add on, I suggest doing it here."

I nodded my head and thanked him. Jai and I discussed adding on to the building so that her floor will flow a lot smoother and we can add another gender neutral bathroom on the first and second floor.

The building was coming along great. There was a lot of construction on the inside to finish up, but nonetheless we had high hopes for the place.

"Jaz how do you want the computer room set up? The interior designer is asking so she'll know how to set up the desks and chairs."

I flipped through my sheets of paper and handed Leona the layout for the computer room. She thanked me and headed back towards where she came from.

Each floor is structured like a big circle. You can enter the floor from either the right or left, and it meets in the middle where the back stairwell is located. The front of the building has an elevator for people who had mobility issues.

The next thing I wanted to get situated is the sign outside the building. Jai told me whatever I came up with will be cool with her. She's so focused on her new psychiatrist office that she doesn't want to take on anymore extra responsibilities, which I understand completely.

"Hey boo. I'm going to run out and meet one of my patients for about an hour. If you need anything just text me"
Jai said kissing me on the cheek.

I wiped it off and watched as she laughed her way out the door. Ever since all the drama Jai and I have really gotten closer. She's literally the sister I've always wanted. Chana treats me the same way and it's refreshing because none of my friendships from my teens into early adulthood ever worked out.

Nas texted me asking what color I wanted to paint the photography room and I told him just leave it at a neutral color. Whatever he chose I will be fine with. He gave me a thumbs up so I slid my phone back in my pocket.

We have the contractors here for the next three hours. We're getting a lot of stuff done and it feels good to be on my way to self employed.

I still need to sit down and work out the fees and charges that will made because nothing in life is free. I'm also thinking about having special events, learning workshops, and different ways to bring in money.

I also want to offer tutoring and SAT/ACT classes for a small fee. Between the money I have saved up, the money Chana said she's going to donate, Jai's money that she will use for her portion of the center, and the money A'lira insists on donating we should be in a good place.

I'm also planning an opening night/fundraiser night to attempt at getting donations for the center. All in all though I feel good about this investment especially since it's going towards the kids.

•••

"I'm so proud of you" A'lira said as she laid up on my chest.

I looked down and smiled a little. She always makes me feel like a school girl with a crush and most of the time I hate it. If I'm not smiling from ear to ear I'm somewhere humming and singing as if I'm madly in love. She teases me all the time about that, but I know it's just fun and games for her.

"Thank you baby" I said pecking her lips.

As I was pulling away she grabbed me by the back of my head gently and pulled me in for another kiss. This time it was more intimate and sensual. I moaned in her mouth as she softly bit my bottom lip and pulled away.

I gave her that look that I always give her before we have sex because what she's not going to do is kiss me that way and then try to play innocent. I rolled my eyes which made her laugh.

"Unt uh" I paused while I waved my hand in the air. "Don't kiss me like that then think your going to sleep. Better eat my pussy or something. The fuck."

A'lira busted out into laughter, but just as I instructed she disappeared under the covers and did what she does best; give the best head.

••••

Mmhm here y'all go my babies

Another update!!

So what y'all think about the learning center?

Shit what do y'all think about Jai having to walk on eggshells because Chana is still sensitive to her sister being killed by her ex gf?

As always...stay tuned :)