22

Leona
August 25th, 2018
2:33 pm
••••

It's been three months since Chana put Tae out. I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming. She was always so disrespectful to her and just rude for no reason. Tae hasn't bothered to keep in contact with her since that day. I can understand her hurt, but Chana means nothing but well. I tried explaining that to her, but she didn't want to hear it.

"I'm so tired. Job number three called me ten minutes ago and asked me to come in for five hours. I just got home from job number one a hour ago."

I looked at Tae in the mirror getting ready. She works at Wendy's part time; 18 hours a week. She also works at Food Lion part time; 23 hours a week. When she's not working either of those jobs she's driving for Uber. Somehow Tae has managed to stay in school, but I honestly don't know how.

We moved in together about a month ago. When Chana put her out, I also moved out because I didn't think it would be right. I tried living on my own, but it's much harder than I thought, than I was prepared for.

I'm also still in school, but also work an almost full time job as well. I work at the Coca-Cola plant warehouse. I squeeze in 30 hours a week, making $19 a hour. It's decent money for a college student who lives at home with their parents, but being on my own has taught me so much more.

"Okay well I'll see you when I see you" Tae said as she grabbed her things to walk out the door.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to make sure I wash my ass because the shit coming out of it stinks. I burst into laughter because that cheese I had last night really got me fucked up.

•••

It's a little after seven in the evening and I'm on my first break at work. Jaecob, one of my coworkers is talking my head off. He has a little crush on me, and I'd be lying if I didn't think he's cute too. Only downfall is he's twenty two with three kids, by three different women. I don't want nor need that kind of drama in my life. We fucked a few times, but anything more than that is a no go.

"So what you doing when you get off tonight?" He asked me.

I thought about the life I live and how sad it is.

"Um probably do some homework for my class tomorrow and then try to get some sleep."

Jaecob asked me if I needed a ride home and I politely declined. I already made arrangements with Nas to drop me off outside of the complex. Since Tae doesn't associate with Chana anymore she doesn't associate with Jai; Nas just kind of got caught in the cross fire. She knows I still talk to him every so often, and she doesn't care.

Text From: Big Bro Nas
I'll be there around 11:50pm. I get off at 11:15pm.

I read his message and sent him back a thumbs up emoji.

Just like that my break is over. I threw away my trash and went back to my place in the line. This job isn't ideal, but until for now it works. Once I'm done with school I'm going to go to graduate school. I'm just not sure what I want to go back for.

•••

Text From: Big Bro Nas
Outside..you ready?

I felt my phone vibrate in my lap. Looking down at the name, I assumed Nas is here now. It's a little after 12, the time that I got off. Nas must have run into traffic on his way here. I waved good bye to some of my coworkers that were just arriving before I walked out the door.

I saw his car sitting in the handicap parking spot and just shook my head. Hearing the doors unlock, I got in.

"You're not gonna be satisfied until you get a ticket."

Nas just chuckled and pressed the start button to turn the car back on. I buckled up and pulled my phone out my pocket to text Tae and let her know I'm on the way home.

Text From: Cry Baby Tae
Bring me some food? Cook out?

I rolled my eyes at her spoiled ass. She's lucky it's late and I don't feel like cooking. I have class at 10:10 tomorrow so I'm going to sleep until about eight, do some last minute homework and leave around 9:30.

Text to: Cry Baby Tae
What you want?

I wanted for her to text me back. After waiting for five minutes I just decided to get her the usual; a cheeseburger tray with double order of fries.

"Hey can we stop at Cookout. Tae's ass is hungry."

Nas nodded his head, but the look on his face let me know he's thinking something. I asked him what's on his mind. He shook his head from side to side suggesting it's nothing. I knew it was though.

"Thanks Nas. Text me when you get home."

He nodded his head before pulling off. Something wasn't right, but I decided not to press the issue tonight; it's late and I'm tired.

Putting my key into the doorknob I turned it and opened the door. I could hear music coming from Tae's room. I placed the food on the kitchen table and made my way to her room to see what she's up to.

Once I walked into the room I saw her sitting on the side of the tub while the water ran. I immediately felt disappointment because I was hoping to take a quick shower.

"Hey my love. I ran you a hot bath. I put some lavender in here to calm you a little. I also rolled you a blunt. Enjoy!" She said before walking out the bathroom and kissing me on the cheek. She closed the door behind her to give me more privacy.

Everyone is being weird tonight, but whatever. I undressed myself and stepped in the tub. The hot water instantly relaxed my body. I slid down a little more and closed my eyes. This is exactly what I needed.

••••

SURPRISE!!!

I know I said I wasn't going to update any time soon, but here y'all go.

It's short, but just a filler for the time being.

How y'all feel about Tae not talking to her sister or Jai?

What y'all think about Tae and Leona living together?