62

Kayla
Monday
September 9th, 2019
7:30pm

•••

Chana and I are meeting up for dinner to discuss business. I'm a little nervous because I've never had this big of an opportunity in front of me. Chana has more experience owning and managing a business so I'm open to receive any kind of wisdom she wants to send my way.

"Hey mama" Chana said picking my daughter up and placing her in her lap. "How you been?" She asked me while Jayla played a game on her phone.

I nodded and told her I've been better. School is kicking my ass still, but I'm graduating soon so it will all be worth it. She nodded her head and let me know she's here for me and if she needed me to babysit she'll be happy to. I thanked her and pulled out the contract that she had me go over with my lawyer.

"So we looked it over and it looks good. I've signed and dated" I said handing her the paper back.

Chana looked over it while bouncing Jayla in her lap. I smiled because she's so good with kids. I wonder if she's going to have any of her own?

We ordered our food and engaged in small talk while we waited for our waiter to bring it back to our table. My nerves were calming down, until my baby daddy walked up to us. He has this look on his face that makes my stomach turn.

"Well well" he said smirking. "What do we have here? You dyking now?"

I rolled my eyes and let out a loud sigh, while Chana looked pissed as hell. She handed Jayla back to me while she stood to her feet and walked up to him to whisper something in his ear. He swallowed super hard and nodded his head. A few seconds later he turned on his heels and walked away.

Jayla clung to me tight as if she doesn't want to let go. I hate myself all the time for sleeping with her dad, but if I didn't I wouldn't have my mini me to hold everyday. My mood is ruined now and I'm honestly ready to go. Chana suggested that we finish the meeting at her house so we asked for the waiter to bring us to-go boxes.

•••

"Babe?" Chana yelled through the house.

She didn't answer, but a kid came down the stairs rubbing her eyes. She's adorable as can be. Chana walked over to her and gave her a hug and asked if she was sleep. She nodded yes and told her that Jai is still at the Center with Jaz.

"Okay. Well this is Kayla and she will be my business partner. This is her daughter Jayla, say hi."

The kid smiled and waved at Jayla and Jayla being the sweet baby she is smiled and reached her arms out for her to pick her up so she did.

My heart melted into a thousand pieces. Jayla is a little over two years old, but she's been through so much. Her sperm donor left her at daycare when he was supposed to pick her up, he's neglected her for hours at a time just to be laid up with other women, and he's also verbally abused her. I took him to court and he doesn't have any kind of visitation rights so he holds that against me everyday. He's lucky he's not in jail.

"If you don't mind keeping Jayla occupied while we go in the kitchen and talk?"

She nodded her head and carried her over to the couch where she turned on the tv. She asked Jayla what she wants to watch and just as I expected she snatched the remote and turned to the HGTV channel. The kid laughed and laid her head back against the couch while Jayla snuggled up under her arm. It is the cutest thing ever.

•••

After an hour of discussing business and our goals for the first year, we're done. Jayla and Kennedy are both fast asleep on the couch. Kennedy's phone is laying next to her vibrating from a call. Chana taps her to let her know.

"Kennedy your girlfriend is calling. Wake up."

She grabbed her phone and answered it with this deep, raspy voice. Chana shook her head as she watched her go up the stairs, probably back to her room.

"She looks so precious sleeping" she said smiling. I smiled too.

It's only a little after 8:30 and now that I'm free to come and go as I please, I don't have to rush home to get in bed. Chana offered me a drink and I accepted one glass of wine. We sat at the kitchen island and talked and laughed about everything.

Just as I took another sip of my wine the front door opened and in walked Chana's girlfriend. She saw her and immediately smiled. The look of happiness on her face made me a little jealous. I've never had that in a man before, and sometimes I feel like I never will. She walked over and gave her a kiss on the lips. She looked over at me and smiled giving me a one arm hug.

"Chana" Kennedy came down the stairs again. Once she saw Jai she walked over and greeted her with a smile and a hug. "Can Lyrica spend the night? I know it's a school night but still."

Chana looked at Jai, then looked at Kennedy and held her hand out for the phone. She said hello and they started talking. Chana was asking her a bunch of questions before handing the phone back to her.

"Mmhm. She can spend the night, but only because you're helping her with her homework. Not that she needs it. Y'all both damn near geniuses."

Kennedy playfully smiled and ran back upstairs. Jai twisted up her lip and shook her head. We all laughed before jumping back into the conversation.

"I'm going to shower and change clothes" Jai said before walking off.

I asked Chana what it's like being in a successful relationship. She smirked and blushed a little. She told me that it's not always easy or drama free, but they make it work. I asked her if she has any advice and she just told me to stay true to who I am and the right one will come. I nodded and took it in.

Maybe I am rushing it and just need to wait a little while longer.

••••

I know I know I disappeared for a while again.

Welp here's another chapter.

Chana & Kayla getting their business together.

Y'all learned a little bit more about Kayla & Jayla.

Thanks for reading!!