08

Na'Jai
Wednesday
2:55 pm

••••

I was just finishing up my session with Chandler when Chana walked in.

"Sorry to interrupt you. Can you please pick Tae up from school? I have a very urgent and last minute meeting to go to."

Chandler looked at her then back at me and grinned. I rolled my eyes and told her to go home. She giggled and walked out my office. Chana further walked in and explained to me that her friend was coming too. I didn't mind to do this one favor for her. Tae is a sweet girl and Nasir likes hanging out with her.

"Yea babe I'll do it."

Chana leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips really quick. As she was turning to walk away Chandler was standing there grinning.

"I knew it. My gay senses started tingling as soon as she walked in. Y'all cute as shit Ms. Williams."

Chana busted out laughing while I gathered my stuff to leave for the day. Chandler was my last appointment anyway. Whatever else I needed to do I'd do from home.

"Chandler come on let's go. I'll walk you downstairs."

She gladly came along as she watched Chana walk away in her dress that fit perfectly. I caught myself staring a little too hard. Licking my lips I just shook my head. That woman has managed to change my entire perspective of sexuality and attraction.

••••

Unlocking the doors to my car I smiled as Tae and her friend got in. She said hey and introduced me to Leona. They both look like they've had a rough day.

"Is everything ok? You both look stressed."

Tae just stared out the window blankly avoiding my question while Leona nodded her head no. I asked what was wrong and she explained to me her questioning her sexuality.

"Well I too have recently been questioning my sexuality. I didn't think in a million years I'd be attracted to another woman in more ways than one, but I am. I believe that you just have to go with your gut feeling ya know."

Leona shook her head and thanked me. Tae still hasn't said anything past introducing me to her friend. I wasn't going to press the issue. If she wanted to talk then she will.

Pulling away from the campus, the car ride was eerily quiet. I didn't like it at all so I cut the radio on. SZA's 'The Weekend' came on. I bopped my head as she sang some very truthful lyrics. I've been a fan of SZA since her song 'Teen Spirit'.

It only took us a little over ten minutes to get to my house. Nasir's car was in the driveway so that meant he was home. Tae kind of perked up when she saw that.

Going up and putting my key into the door I unlocked it. As soon as the door opened the smell of baked chicken hit my nose. I can really get used to this. Coming home to dinner already made.

"Nas I'm back and I have someone with me."

Hearing his footsteps against the wood floors I knew he was coming from the kitchen. Once he saw Tae he smiled and held one arm out for a hug. She halfway hugged him and he gave her a stale look. Asking her what was wrong she kind of brushed him off and shook her head.

"Nah something wrong. Did ol buddy fuck up?"

Sure enough tears came streaming down her face as she shook her head yes. He pulled her into a hug and rocked her back and forth.

"Fuck him. It's his loss anyway."

Leona kind of stood back looking confused. She finally introduced herself as Tae's friend. He shook her hand and told all of us that dinner would be ready in about ten minutes. I went to my room and closed the door. I needed to change clothes and wash up.

Going into the bathroom I turned the water on and waited for it to get hot. Grabbing my towel that I wash my face with, I wet it then rang it out. Gently wiping my face I cleaned it off.

Once I was done with that I went to change into something more comfortable. I picked out a pair of joggers and a crop top. Hearing my phone vibrate on my bed I walked over to see who it was. It was a message from Chana.

Chana 😍:
Won't be done til 6. Thank you so much. I owe you! 😏

Mmm I like the sound of that!

Tossing my phone back on my bed, I made my way to the living room. Nas and the girls had the table all set and ready for us to fix our plates. Tae and Leona went first then me and then Nas. Sitting down we grabbed hands and said our grace. After that it was over for.

•••••

First I wanna say thanks for reading this far!!

Secondly please comment. Let me know what you like and dislike so I can continue to update & make this an interesting story.

Thirdly, the next chapter will be a time skip.

Hope your enjoying so far ❤️