30

Jai
November 21st, 2018
4:44 pm

••••

Chana, Jazmine, A'lira and I are sitting in this restaurant that was just opened a few weeks. It's still packed, but not as packed as the opening week. The waitress just took our drink order and now we're waiting on them to come back. While we waited we made small talk. Chana has been in a better mood, although she's still making up for how she acted.

"Na'Jai is that a fuckin hickey on your neck? I know you ain't been out creeping with Jazmine, of all people."

She pulled me into the house and grabbed me by the neck. I winced from pain because it's sore from when Gia's crazy ass tried to kill me. I pushed Chana off of me and looked at her as if she's crazy. She stared back at me waiting for an answer. Rolling my eyes I gave her the same energy back.

"No Chana I have not been out creeping. These marks on my neck are from when your crazy ass ex tried to kill me. Or did you think I was joking when I said she strangled me?"

Her facial expression changed and she looked embarrassed. I wasn't in the mood to argue any more than I already had so I brushed past her and went to the room locking the door behind me. I honestly didn't care where she slept tonight, just know it's not with me.

I came back to reality when I noticed Jazmine calling my name. I looked over to her and asked her what she said. She waved me off and said it's nothing. Apologizing for zoning out, I engaged in the conversation, that is until the TVs in the restaurant went into a breaking news broadcast.

Breaking News: A woman escaped from a Tennessee mental facility a few weeks ago and potentially could be somewhere in the area as she has close ties to the city. The patient is described as an African America woman, brown complexion, medium length curly hair, about five foot five and appears to have been waitressing at a local restaurant. She's been going by the name Gia, which is short for Giana. If you have seen this woman, please call the police as she is unstable and dangerous. Do not try to approach.

Everyone is staring at Chana as if they want more answers. I for sure want more answers because how can she not know the girl is bat shit crazy.

"I just...wow" I said speechless. "The woman almost choked me out and you-" I stopped talking.

Jazmine took a sip of her water that was brought over while the news broadcast was going on. Chana looked confused and embarrassed because after everything that happened, she still didn't believe everything I said, but we were trying to move past it.

We moved into our new home a few days ago, Tae finally put her pride aside and decided to meet with Chana tomorrow to talk everything out

We moved into our new home a few days ago, Tae finally put her pride aside and decided to meet with Chana tomorrow to talk everything out. She apologized for how she's been acting and even wanted us to bring Leona along so she can apologize to her as well. Surprisingly Leona blocked her on every social media platform and from her phone.

The mood that was once present has now been replaced with an awkward silence. Everyone ate their food in silence while scrolling on their phones to keep themselves occupied. It only took us about fifteen minutes to eat and pay for the bill. The plan after this was to catch a movie playing, but Jazmine and A'lira can sense the tension and decided to go home.

"I'll see you later boo" Jazmine said giving me a hug.

I hugged her back before pulling away and waving bye to A'lira as they walked away. Chana opened my door and closed it once I got in all the way. She walked over to the driver's side and opened the door climbing in.

"I'm sorry" she said glancing over at me. "I'm sorry for everything. For not believing you, for not trusting you, for questioning you and allowing a stranger in our home."

I smiled and leaned over to kiss her on the cheek.

"I forgive you babe. Just please don't ever do anything like this again. I'm not gonna lie, I was truly hurt by you taking another woman's word over mine and then accusing me of cheating."

Chana nodded her head to let me know she's listening.

"You know I don't love anyone but you. I would never cheat on you and I hope you know that now."

She nodded again and let the tear that had welled up in her eyes fall. I quickly wiped them away and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. She put the car in reverse and pulled out of the parking space. Now that the movies is cancelled we decided to go home and find a movie on Netflix to watch.

•••

We're three movies in and it's around nine o'clock at night when we hear a hard knock at the door. Chana and I both shot up. The only people that know where we live is Jazmine, Leona and Nas. Ever since we heard about Gia escaping, we've been on edge.

Chana grabbed her gun and slowly walked to the door. She looked out the peephole and once she saw who it is she let out the breath she was holding and opened the door.

"Why y'all banging like y'all the police?" Chana asked.

When she opened the door completely we both noticed the police was parked in her driveway. Leona had tears in her eyes, while Nas is holding her up and preventing her from passing out.

"Wha- wha- what's going on?"

Leona broke down and that's when I knew something happened to Tae. Chana tried to grab on to the door before she lost her balance completely. The police made their way towards us and it felt so surreal. He took his hat off and placed it to his chest.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your sister Chantae was murdered in her apartment earlier. Please come down to identify her body."

Chana's body went limp and she fell in my arms. My eyes filled with tears before they fell down my cheek and to the floor. With everything going on, why now. Just as they were about to reconnect and smash all the beef. Now Chana is left to bury the only family she had left.

••••

Woah!!

I'm sure y'all weren't expecting Tae to be killed.

I contemplated on whether to kill her off or send her to jail. I felt like death would be the least expected route I'd take.

So how y'all feeling after this chapter??

Talk to me 👀