21

Chana
9:45 am

•••

Jai was trying her best to reassure me that I'm doing the right thing, but I'm just not so sure. I made a commitment to my parents that if anything ever happened to them, that I will take care of her. Throwing her out just doesn't seem like that's what I'm doing.

"Babe she has to learn one way or another. Living here isn't teaching her the lessons that she needs."

I nodded and tried to shake the guilty thoughts out of my mind. I needed to find her an apartment and fast. I can't have her living out of a hotel room for an extended period of time.

"Should I get her a luxury apartment or what?" I said looking at Jai.

She just gave me a blank expression and shook her head from side to side.

"Oh baby.." she said pausing. "The last thing she needs is luxury. Get her the bare minimum, in a decent location."

I agreed and knew the perfect place. It's definitely a downgrade from this house she's used to staying in, but she'll be okay.

>>>>

"Here's dinner. I found an opening in Mill Creek. I'm going to furnish it and stock your fridge, but after three months you're on your own."

Tae looked at me with her mouth wide open as if she is thrown off. She has never been the crying type, she's always been so aggressive and sometimes violent. She really needs to talk to somebody but I can't make her because she's of legal age to make that decision on her own.

"What the fuck? Mill Creek? That shit hole. Oh nah. You got me fucked up, entirely."

I was thrown all the way off by her response. Lately Tae has been so unappreciative and disrespectful. I just didn't know how to handle it or her. Tears forced their way to the rim of my eyes. I was a little bit hurt, disappointed, defeated and everything in between.

Jai stood to her feet and walked over to Tae. She stood in front of her for a few seconds before grabbing her by her shirt and pinning her to the couch she's sitting on.

"Listen here lil girl. I don't know what your issue is, but figure it the fuck out and quick because this is the last time you're going to disrespect your sister. She's done nothing but care for and love you. Get it together."

Tae waited for Jai to let her go before she attempted to swing...and missed. Jai showed a lot of restraint by not letting the opportunity at hand bait her. She grabbed her stuff and told Tae that we're leaving.

"Chana will text you with the address to meet us at in the morning. Since you wanna be grown, you can furnish your apartment yourself. Get a fuckin job. Take care of yourself."

I was so torn. That's exactly the lesson Tae needs, but I feel like it's a little too harsh. We walked back to the car and when I got inside I began to cry, big tears. I felt Jai's hand softly land on my thigh and she squeezed a little bit. About twenty seconds went by then she told me to dry it up.

"Okay your self pity time is up. Suck that shit up and stop crying. Stop feeling bad about this decision. This is exactly what she needs because she's a spoiled little brat who doesn't respect you."

I nodded my head because she's right. I wiped my face and took a few deep breaths. I had to get myself together and act like an authoritarian. If I don't she will walk all over me.

••••

Whew..Tae is in for a rude awakening!

She did it to herself though lol