06

Chana
2:30pm
Monday

••••

I was on my way to Na'Jai's house when my phone rang. It was Chantae calling me for the third time in a row. Hitting the accept button on my steering wheel I answered.

"Yes Tae what do you want?"

She let out a deep breath.

"Why the hell you always leaving me? Come back and get me please."

I sighed heavily. Turning around to head back to the house, I didn't answer. I just hung up on her. Pulling up to the gated community that I live in, I punched the code in and waited for the gate to open.

Honking the horn once I pulled into the driveway to let Tae know I was here. A few seconds later the door opened and out she ran. Unlocking the doors, she hopped in.

"So I get to meet your boo huh?"

I just rolled my eyes and cut the music up even louder. I just drove the whole ride ignoring her obnoxious questions. Once we made it to her house I cut the car off and quickly got out. Ringing the doorbell I waited for her to come open the door.

"I hope this is ok? She insisted on coming" I said once she opened the door.

Na'Jai smiled that beautiful smile and welcomed both of us in. Her brother was in the kitchen finishing up the final few things he needed for dinner. Jai told us to take a seat on the couch so we did.

Sitting beside me, with a wine glass in her hand Jai sipped her drink. She offered me some but I declined.

"Ok dinner is served. Wash your hands."

Jai stood up and showed us where the bathroom is. It was cute and girly. I washed my hands while Tae waited for me to get done. Once I was finished I walked out the bathroom only to be yanked away by Jai.

She pulled me from the hall bathroom to her room and closed the door. Wrapping her arms around my neck she smiled in my face. I placed my hands on either side of her waist and searched for an answer. Before I could react she leaned in and kissed me.

"I've been wanting to do that since Saturday" she said licking her lips.

I was stuck for a moment. Usually I'm more aggressive, but she's giving aggressive fem vibes and I like it. Pecking her lips one more time, I smiled.

"We'll talk later."

Walking away from her, I headed towards the door and opened it. As soon as I did there stood Tae and Jai's brother. I burst out into laughter and brushed past both of them.

I went to the kitchen and started fixing my plate. I don't know what they were about to do, but I was about to eat. I haven't eaten since late last night and I'm hungry as hell.

••••

"Well ladies it was nice meeting you" Nasir said standing up. "But I'm going to head out, possibly go play some basketball."

As soon as the words basketball left his mouth Tae's eyes lit up. She sprung to her feet and asked if she could come. He smirked and said yes. Tae is such a tomboy at times. She is already dressed to play. Sweatpants, Nike shoes, and a t-shirt.

"Take care of my sister. I don't want to have to fight you" I said to Nasir. He shook his head and smiled. "And Tae I swear fo bob your ass better not start anything."

She just rolled her eyes and laughed. It seems like every time Tae plays basketball it ends up in a fight. I don't have time to be bailing her out of jail again for disturbing the peace.

"Now that they're gone, what did you want to talk about?"

I slid closer to Jai on the couch. Looking at her in the eyes I searched for what she was feeling. I couldn't tell too much with her. She went from being unsure and scared to aggressive and enthusiastic.

"Am I your first woman that you've had feelings for?"

She nodded her head yes.

"Are you positive that this is what you want? I don't want to invest my time into you then you leave me for a man."

Her eyes got big.

"Chana I haven't been with a man in almost two years. That means dates, mentally attached, physically attached, all of that."

I was shocked. Usually when women say that it's a lie, but I believe her. I may come off as this super confident, cool lesbian, but the truth is, I've been hurt way too many times. I don't know what it is about her, but I saw something from the moment she stepped foot on that elevator.

"That's good to know. I've been single for about nine months now. I'm ready to jump back in the game, but I don't want to move too fast."

Jai smiled and shook her head up and down. She seemed different. She seemed like her head is on straight, she's not about games, and if she has an issue she will come directly to you and not beat around the bush.

"Ok Chana. I'm not the type to rush you or anything. Whatever happens, happens."

Those words were like music to my ears. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer. She laid her head on my shoulder and turned the tv back up. Having her in my arms actually felt right and not like it was being forced.

•••••

Sooooo what do y'all think about this chapter??

Did you like it?

Do y'all like Chantae & Nasir?