27

Na'Jai
October 24th, 2018
9:15 pm

••••

Chana sat in front of me smiling from ear to ear. She surprised me and planned a middle of the week date night. We're sitting in my favorite restaurant, it's dimly lit and there's music playing lowly in the background.

"Babe" she cooed. I stared back at her in her eyes. "You make me unbelievably happy. I love and cherish you so much. I didn't even think we'd get this far" she said while laughing.

My heart is beating super fast. I wasn't sure if she is just being her usual sentimental self or about to propose. She grabbed my hands into hers and stared intently into my eyes. After a few seconds of doing so she reached in her pocket and pulled out a box.

"Will you wear this until I'm a hundred percent ready for marriage?"

The ring is absolutely beautiful, almost too beautiful to be a promise ring. I smirked and nodded my head yes though. I've thought about marriage with Chana, but didn't know if she was considering it or not. I was kind of too afraid to bring it up because I didn't want to scare her off.

"Thank you baby it's beautiful."

She leaned across the table and gave me a soft peck on the lips. Just as we are pulling apart the waitress walked up.

"Good evening. My name is Gia and I'll be serving you tonight" she said licking her lips and glancing at Chana.

I didn't really think anything of it because people lick their lips all the time. She pulled out her little notepad and asked what we would like to drink. I ordered some water and Chana ordered water and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon to go along with the meal.

We sat and talked quietly to ourselves while we waited for our drinks to come back. I already know what I want to eat and Chana does too.

Five minutes later the drinks arrived at our table and the same waitress was smiling from ear to ear as she glanced down at Chana.

"Are y'all ready to order?" She asked, licking her lips again.

Now I'm getting irritated because I hate to be disrespected especially when it comes to my relationship.

"Love you need some chapstick? I have an unopened one in my purse."

Chana looked over at me with pleading eyes as if she was asking me to 'not start'. I'm not starting anything, just finishing it; putting it to an end before it has a chance to flourish into more disrespect.

Gia rolled her eyes and looked back to Chana who now looks uncomfortable as hell. If someone was flirting with me blatantly in front of Chana I'd dead that shit immediately so I'm not understanding why she isn't putting this girl in her fuckin place.

I decided to play nice and leave the little girl alone. After all she does look like she's all of twenty one or so. She's probably still childish as hell at heart.

"Uh" Chana cleared her throat. "Mmhm yea I'm ready to order."

Just as she went to open her mouth and speak Gia placed her hand on her shoulder.