015

"You've been acting distant, Naozane. Is there something that's bothering you?" He asked the silent Neko. 

"I'm fine, Kyoya. Why would you care anyway?" Nao huffed in response. Tamaki had stepped away for a moment; resulting in the two being alone. "It's nothing important, so you can drop the subject." 

"With that tone and attitude, it doesn't seem like nothing," Kyoya replied. "I'm simply making sure that none of your personal problems interfere with the host club." Naozane glared at him for a couple seconds. Tamaki came back smiling at the two other hosts.

"Hey, what were you two talking about?" The oblivious blonde questioned. Nao rolled his eyes then left without saying a word. "What's wrong with him?" Tamaki asked. Kyoya shrugged in response. 

Nao went up to the table where his sister was sitting. She was sitting with a group of her friends. "Everything okay, Nii-san?" Mina asked calmly. The other girls at the table seemed a little too excited. 

"No," Nao answered shortly. Soon, the group of girls began to comfort him and feed him things that they made. "I'm sorry, ladies. I have to leave, but before I do, Mina, can I talk to you for a second?" The female Neko agreed and followed him into the hallway. 

"What did you need?" She asked happily. 

"You know how you used to try and get me to meet other people? Like, set me up on blind dates and stuff?" Nao said quietly. He was a little bit embarrassed asking, but he had no idea what else to do. Emina nodded and began smiling wider. "Could you...?"

"You want me to set you up again but with a guy?" She finished for him. Nao nodded. "Yeah, sure," She giggled. "But, I need to ask you a few questions." They both went out to the garden and began talking. "Does it matter if this guy is a neko or human?" She asked. Nao shook his head. "Hair or eye color?" She asked. Again, Nao shook his head. "Are you a bottom or top?" Emina questioned. She spoke quietly so no one else would hear them. 

"None of it matters, Mina. just get someone you think I'd like," Nao sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"Fine. There's this one guy. His name is Hideji, and he's a neko. I think you two would get along well. He's gay, and he can be a bottom and a top," She answered. "I'll message him soon, and tell him about you, okay?" Naozane grunted. He looked away from her and tried to cover his flustered face. 

~*~

After the host club, instead of going home, Nao went to a cafe. That's where he was meeting Hideji. Hideji was a neko with blonde hair, ears, and tail. He was only an inch taller than Nao. The two did have a lot in common. They both liked the same tv shows, animes, book, and hobbies. "Emina told me a lot about you," Hideji admitted.

"Oh? Like what?" Nao replied. He fidgetted with the handle of the cup.

"That you were probably going to be nervous and a little awkward. She said you only came out a couple days ago. Is that right?" Hideji asked. Nao's cheeks reddened and he nodded. "Well, I think that's adorable."

"It is not," Nao scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"She also said you were a tsundere," Hideji added. Nao grumbled and shrugged.

The two continued speaking about random topics. Anyone who knew Naozane could tell he is getting along with the blonde neko. Eventually, the went home but exchanged numbers before.

Mina instantly began asking him about how it went as soon as he entered. "It was fine, Mina," He answered vaguely. Naozane walked passed her and went to his room. Both Kian and Mina followed him there. 

"But how did it go? Do you like him? Do you think he liked you?" Kian asked. Nao shrugged and turned away from the two. He was slightly embarrassed and flustered due to the situation. 

"Okay, then. I'm going to go and call him," Mina said she began walking out of the room. Sekian followed her to her room. Naozane laid flat on his bed and smiled to himself. 

~*~

After the host club, Naozane didn't converse as much with the hosts. He was preoccupied with his phone. Hideji and he have been texting back and forth. "You know, he told me he liked you," Mina whispered into his ear. She leaned over him and silently read the messages. 

"Stop snooping," Nao replied. He pushed her face away from him. "Don't tell any of the other hosts about him, okay?" 

"Yeah, sure," Mina agreed half-heartedly. She quietly left to go find some cake. 

"Naozane?" Tamaki whispered. He sat down beside the neko. "Is there something going on? Did Kyoya say something to you? Why are you being distant?" 

"Nothing's wrong, Tamaki. What he said to me isn't important, but it's not your business either," Naozane answered coldly. 

"Can I pet your ears?" Tamaki asked after a moment of silence. Before Naozane could reply, Tamaki began to rub the tufts of hair on his head. Naozane didn't pay a lot of attention to it. Tamaki was more gentle than usual. He was quieter and calmer. Naozane grumbled and leaned closer to him. The taller blonde wrapped his arms around him and continued putting the neko. 

"Why are you doing this?" Naozane said lightly. He was allowing himself to be held against Tamaki's chest. 

"I just thought that you looked a little upset and this would make you happy," Tamaki whispered. Naozane's chest let out a few vibrations. 

"The other's are going to say something, Tamaki," Naozane huffed. He didn't want any of the other hosts to say something about their postition, but he also didn't want to pull away. 

"It's okay, Nao. It doesn't matter what they think," Tamaki responded. Nao shook his head and pulled away. He awkwardly fidgetted with his hands.

"You shouldn't do that, Tamaki," Nao replied. He stood up and began walking away.

"Naozane," Kyoya called from his table. "It'd be best if you didn't engage in a relationship. You know why, correct?"

"Yes, I know. I shouldn't because thr hostung might cause jealousy. I get it," Naozane grumbled. "But, I can do what I want, Ootori," Nao replied. Kyoya shrugged and smiled at him. It wasn't a sweet, kind smile; the smile had a malicious intent behind it. Naozane rolled his eyes again and continued walking away.

Wc 1090