030

I was pulled down onto the bed. Kyoya shuffled and moved me around, so I was lying beneath him. His eyes narrowed as he stared down. "Naozane," He repeated. "I love you," Kyoya whispered. He lowered face, so I could feel his breath on my face. 

"I love you too," I muttered. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Kyoya brought his lips to mine. I felt Kyoya's tongue push through my lips. Our lips and tongue moved in sync. I pulled away from him and sighed. "I'm not in the mood," I mumbled. My thoughts began drifting back to what Tamaki said. 

"There's something wrong. What is it?" Kyoya sighed. I could tell he was upset over something; it was probably because I denied his affection. I shook my head and pulled down to the spot beside me. I pressed my nose against his neck and curled up beside him. 

"I don't want to talk about it," I whispered to him. He grunted and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You're not upset at me?" 

"I was going to ask you the same question," Kyoya replied. "I have no reason to be upset with you, Kitten. I take it you're not angry anymore?" 

"Only a little. Tamaki made me feel better," I mumbled. When his grip tightened, I lifted my head to look at his attractive face. I narrowed my eyes and gave him a look to show I was questioning his actions. 

"Tamaki comforted you?" Kyoya asked. I nodded and studied his facial expression. "You two were always close." 

"Yes, because Tamaki is a friendly person," I replied and looked away. I can't tell him that Tamaki had confessed his feelings to me earlier. I don't want any drama to erupt within the host club. 

"Naozane. You're hiding something," Kyoya growled. "What is it?" I shook my head and covered my face again. Kyoya wasn't going to let his question go unanswered. He pulled me away from him and sat up straight. The sternness in his eyes was incredibly tangible. He sat there in silence for a moment or two. His eyes never left mine. "Naozane," Kyoya sighed. His facial expression softened, and he looked away. "Fine. You should go back to bed." 

Was this his way of telling me to leave..?  "Yeah, okay. Night, Kyo," I answered softly and left the room in silence. 

I laid back down on my bed and stared at the ceiling above me. That didn't go the way I planned it to. My phone screen was now in front of me. Just like last time I was here, I am not going to be able to fall asleep. 

~*~

Once the sun began to rise, I left my room. I didn't go to the beach like last time. Instead, I stayed on the porch. I sat on one of the chairs while I ate the warm bowl of oatmeal. The only sounds I could hear was the ocean waves, the seagulls squawking, and the occasional rustling of the bushes. Nevertheless, I was still on edge. I didn't want Kyoya to be angry at me. After thinking about everything that happened, I was sure he was upset. 

I hate how I don't know what to do. I've never cared about someone the same way I care about Kyoya. I'm completely lost, and that terrifies me. I don't know who or how to ask for help. I guess I have to figure something out on my own. 

I placed the now empty bowl in the kitchen sink and went outside again. This time, I didn't stay on the porch. While in my cat form, I began exploring the city nearby. I only had an hour to myself before I needed to return to the house. That's when the other guys and two girls would start waking up. 

There were very few people in the town at this hour. That's what I liked about it. There was less noise because of the lack of humans and kemonomimi. Time flew by quickly, and soon I had to leave the city. The walk back was short since I didn't go very far in the first place.

When I got to the back door, I pushed it open with my front paws and closed it again when I was inside. "Where were you!?" Emina asked in an angry tone. She had run into the room when I was closing the door.

"I went for a walk. It's not a big deal," I answered. To anyone else, that would've sounded like a meow. The rest of the guys entered the room now. They were still all in their pajamas.

"But you didn't even leave a note!" Emina argued. "I was worried about you! Did you sleep at all last night...?" Her voice lowered, and she calmed down.

"I couldn't fall asleep," I answered. I walked past all of the pairs of legs and went to the living room.

"Why not? Are you-" Emina stopped talking. She looked at the others then back to me after letting out a sigh. Everyone followed me to the living room. Emina shifted into her cat form and leaned against my side.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm giving you affection, Mr. Grumpy-pants."

"Yes, I know that, but why are you doing that?"

"Nii-sama," She paused and sighed. "First you and Kyoya have an argument, then you tell him to leave you alone, and you didn't come down for dinner. Then you say you haven't slept, and you got missing in the morning. What's wrong?"

I moved my eyes all around the room. The hosts were all gone now. "Kyoya said he and Tamaki weren't friends. He said they only hang around each other because he has something to gain. That's what the argument was about. T-Tamaki comforted me and..." 

"And? And what? What did he say?" Emina asked. She was way to eager.

"You're being suspicious. What aren't you telling me...? Is it because you know Tamaki had a crush on me?" I replied and narrowed my eyes. She meowed and covered her face. "Emina, you knew! Why didn't you tell me?" I let out a small hiss. The others began watching from the doorway. 

"He-he asked me not to. I-I'm sorry," Emina whimpered. I drowned in a sea of guilt. I have to apologize to her. I turned back to Emina who was sitting in front of me with her head hanging low. I nudged her head with my paw and nuzzled into her side. Emina leaned into me and let out a small purr. 

"It's fine, Emina. I shouldn't have gotten angry." 

"I understand, Nii-sama. I'm Know I should've told you," she mumbled. 

"No. Tamaki told you something personal, and he asked you not to tell anyone. You did the right thing," I whispered. I slowly began leaning away from her. Emina got the hint, and she pulled away completely. My ears twitched towards the doorway. The hosts were all standing there. I hissed at them then ran to my the stairs. Before I left the bottom floor, I could see Emina shift back into a cat and laugh awkwardly. 

I want him to follow me upstairs. I know that probably won't happen because the conversation between us would be a little unpleasant and awkward. I don't expect him to want to be in the same room alone with me after what was said. I hate to admit it but... I want him to hold me in his arms again. 

WC 1255