7. Single

NO POV

As Alison and Emily entered the living room, all eyes were on them.
Alison kept looking down, she knew what was coming up and she wasn't sure what she should do.

"Uhm I think I should go." Emily says as she awkwardly points to the door.

"You're not stayin-OUCH" Hanna was asking when Aria elbowed her to keep quiet. This girl really knows how to choose moments to talk.
"You little but you strong." Hanna said as she rubbed her left side. Aria smiled proudly at her and the girls chuckled.

"Nah I guess I've caused too much problems already. I'll just go and leave you girls to it."
Emily hugged her 3 friends and nodded towards Olivia who nodded back. As she was close to the door she sensed someone behind her.

"Yo-You're leaving?" Alison asked nervously as Emily opened the front door and stepped outside.

"Looks like it." Emily chuckled, she knew what Alison meant but she wanted to hear the blonde ask her a bit more specifically.

"Yeah, no like, uhm are you staying in a hotel?"
"Maybe." Alison tried to discretely roll her eyes but Emily saw it and chuckled again, she felt good to see she still had an effect on Ali.

"If your question is if I'm going to leave back to Cali..." Emily started and when Alison looked up at her, she knew that that was her question,

"I'm not. Not until you tell me to." She smiled and turned around. Alison stood there leaning against the door.

Five years...five years and she still reads me like an open book. Alison thought while looking at Emily as she walked into her rented car.

"Hey uhm Ali?" Spencer came and brought Alison back to earth,

"We should probably go and get ready for the wedding." She wasn't sure if Alison still wanted it but she didn't want to ask her either, scared of her reaction.

"You told her." Alison said as she looked at her friend,
"Why?"

"Alison I swear it was an accident. I'm really sorry for breaking my promise." Alison scoffed,

"Yeah don't worry, you're not the first one." She passed her taller friend and started walking into the house when,

"I'm sorry I told her. But I'm not sorry she came." Alison stopped and looked back again.

"Alison, this...you have to admit that you still have feelings for her. And I know that she broke her promise but let's be honest... you didn't call or texted either. Both of you made a mista-"

"And you think I don't know that?! Because I do Spencer! Better than anyone else!" Alison suddenly said loudly and you could already see the tears in her eyes.
The other girls were in the living room but they could hear their friends.

"We both did it wrong. And I don't blame her because I am just as guilty in this failed relationship as her. But-... it hurts. Everything was going fine and now that she's back, everything is so messed up in my head." And that's when tears started falling and Spencer couldn't feel worse for what she said.

"I don't know what the hell I should do."
Spencer carefully took Alison in her arms.

After a couple of seconds they heard the door of a car shut.