Part 9

"Morning Laura." Shuri came into the room a with a beaming smile. "Morning. Why are you smiling like that?" Laura sked. "I heard about you and Peter." Shuri smiled bigger. "How he unofficially officially proposed to me?" Laura asked. "Yep. are you excited?" Suri asked. She was full of questions for Laura and Laura could see it in her eyes. "For what?" Laura asked back. "The wedding, in general being engaged?" Shuri opened fresh test tubes for the blood tests for today. They're mostly to make sure there isn't any toxins of the serum still left in her serum. "We haven't even started talking about the wedding yet. I am excited but we literally got engaged last night." Laura chuckled. "Hey if you ever need help I'm sure Nakia wouldn't mind helping." Shuri suggested.

Laura stared off into space as she started thinking. Wedding plans, location, time, who's going to be in it. It's terrifying to her especially since she isn't even completely mentally stable. The only stable thing about her is Peter. Yes she wants so bad to be Mrs. Parker but does she want the big fiasco of a wedding? Even the thought of a small wedding stresses her out. The only people she's comfortable with is Tony and Shuri. Everyone else she cared about besides Peter is dead, even Aunt May. Oh, Aunt May. How much she missed her. The only woman in her older teen years that felt like a mother. May loved Laura like her own. Other than those three she didn't know who else. It's not even a full 24 hours and she's already extremely overwhelmed. When Shuri is done, Laura hops off the table. "Hey where are you going?" Shuri asked. "I can't do this." Haelyn muttered, leaving the room.

Sorry about this being super short but it is a pivotal moment in the story. There will be a few more pivotal moments to come.