Part 30

"Gabby! Come on! You have to get out of here!" Laura screamed as a bunch of large vehicles came towards them. "I have to fight along side you though Laura!" Gabby protested. "No you don't. Not this time." Laura said a bit calmer. Laura could see in Gabby's eyes that she wanted to protest more but knew she couldn't win. Gabby's eyes filled with tears as she gave Laura one more hug before running off to Nick Fury and Agent Wen. Laura blinked away tears that threaten to fall as the large vehicles rolled up to her. "My oh my. Who do we have here?" Donald gave a cocky smile. "You have an ass whooping." Laura glared. "That our kid that just ran off?" He asked. "That's MY kid that just ran off." She spat at him.

Donald looked down and chuckled in frustration. He knew that she would say something like that. "Last time time I checked she has both of our DNA." He said getting up in her face. "But she only acts like one of us." She said with such anger laced into her words. "Remember honey, we're both monsters. Why don't you cut the hero act and go back to who you really are." He said moving his face closer to hers. She could smell the foul scent of his mouth and wanted to vomit all over him. His piercing blue eyes held her gaze with such anger. She gave the same glare back. "Give me my child or-" "or else what? You'll kill me and everyone else?" She mocked knowing that even if he did kill her she'd still come back to life.

Donald lifted his fist and hit her hard enough to fall back. She was quick to her feet though. Laura didn't miss a beat. Every punch and kick thrown her way she dodged. Eventually he became weak enough. Soon he looked like Peter did when the avengers stopped, or so they thought, Hydra. But Laura made sure to move upwards and slice his body to bits. Blood covered her as bullets pierced and popped out of her skin. She felt dizzy as she killed each man. It wasn't until she looked up that she realized they were releasing the disease into the air. It took everything in her to climb the vehicles to kill them. Unfortunately she was too weak. Her eyelids fluttered shut as her breathing slowed. Everything went black as her body plummeted to the ground.

The men died instantly but Laura's body fought for consciousness. She faintly heard cries from Gabby in the distance but could open her eyes. She took one last breath and the full submerged to darkness. Laura sprang up in bed catching her breath. Fear pumped through her veins. The commotion woke Peter up. "Babe are you alright?" His voice groggy. Laura held the blanket tight to her naked body in fear. "We need to leave. We need to leave now." She said getting up and dressed. Peter followed her lead confused. "Hun what happened?" He asked pulling his sweats on. "We need to get back to Gabby." Laura's was filled with panic.

"Laura I'm sure she's perfectly fine. It was just a dream." He walked over to her and held her face. He looked deep into her eyes. "Baby, Gabby is fine. Tony would have alerted us in some way if there was trouble back at the headquarters." Peter kissed her head and pulled her into a hug. "You're probably right. I was a terrible dream." She mumbled into his chest. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. "In the morning." She squeezed him. "I mean technically it is morning." He chuckled. "Shut up. You know what I mean." She sassed. "Let's go back to sleep." He motioned towards the bed. They crawled back in. Peter held her body close to his. Though it helped her feel safe, it didn't help her get back to sleep. That dream felt too real to be ignored.