Chapter Eighty-Two: Emergency

Alexis Childers' P.O.V.:

It's been three weeks since the boys' had left for their year long tour. Harry has called and Skyped the twins and me every day and night. I can see in Harry's eyes that he was disappointed he wasn't able to physically be around the twins every day and all he could do was watch them grow through a computer screen, but I knew he wasn't going to admit to it any time soon.
The twins and I had just gotten back home from spending the day with Lexis again. We try to spend as much time as we can with her because it's obvious how lonely she is without Zayn. I can't blame her for missing Zayn because I miss Harry the same way she misses Zayn.
I had just set the twins down in their car seats in the living room when my phone began to ring. I had expected it to be Harry.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Is this Alexis Styles?" An unfamiliar voice asked.
"This is she."
"This is Officer James and I was calling you to inform you that Mrs. Malik is in the hospital." I gasped. "She was shot in the back."
"What hospital is she in?" I could already feel the tears sliding down my cheeks. The officer told me the name of the hospital. I hung up the phone and quickly put the twins in the car.
On my way to the hospital I called Harry.
"Hey, Babe," Harry greeted, "I can't talk right now we're about to go on stage."
"Harry, I need to speak to Zayn."
"We're about to go on. Can't it wait until after the concert?"
"Harry, it's an emergency, Lexis is in the hospital!"
"Zayn!" I heard Harry yell away from the phone. I could hear the phone shifting from Harry's hand to Zayn's hand.
"Hello?" Zayn answered.
"Zayn, Lexis is in the hospital," I said.
"What happened?!" I could hear the worry in his voice.
"All I know is she got shot in the back as she was walking in London and someone shot her."
"Alright, I will be at the hospital as soon as I can." I told him the hospital she was staying in. He hung up the phone.
*************
I walked into Lexis' hospital room. She was passed out and she was hooked up to all kinds of machines.
I had talked to the doctor before coming into the room and he had told me she was in a coma from blood loss. The bullet hadn't hit anything so she would be fine.
*************
I woke up to somebody lightly shaking me. I sat up in the very uncomfortable hospital chair. I looked at who had woken me to see the beautiful green eyes I had fallen in love with.
"Oh my gosh, Harry!" I whisper-yelled so I wouldn't wake the twins, who were asleep in some cribs I had borrowed from the hospital.
"Hi, Love." Harry whispered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hungrily kissed him. When we broke the kiss I saw Zayn standing by Lexis' bed. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned to me. I wrapped my arms around him so that I was hugging him. Zayn didn't say anything and just hugged me back.
"I'm so sorry, Zayn," I said.
Zayn pulled away from the hug and looked at Lexis.
"Harry, take your family home. I'll stay here with Lexis," he said. Harry nodded before grabbing Jayce out of one of the cribs. I followed him and grabbed Darcy. Harry and I walked to my car and headed home.
*************
I had my head lying on Harry's bare chest. The twins had fallen asleep once we got back home so we decided to make up for the time we had lost. Harry ran his fingers through my curly hair. Neither one of us said anything for a while.
I looked up at Harry. "I missed you so much," I said.
"I missed you, too," he replied.
"How was the tour so far?"
"It was alright. We had some fun times but I missed you being with me on tour." I smiled to myself. "I noticed you got another tattoo. When did you get it?"
"Last Tuesday."
"It looks nice. Maybe I'll get one like it."
I smiled and was about to say something when my phone began ringing. I looked at the Caller ID to see Zayn was calling me.
I quickly answered my phone. "What's wrong, Zayn?"
"Lexis is awake.:
"Okay, we'll be over in an hour." I hung up the phone and turned to Harry.
"What's wrong?" Harry asked.
"Lexis woke up."
"Shower and get dressed then we'll get the twins." I nodded before climbing out of bed.
Harry and I quickly showered. I put on this: http://www.polyvore.com/early_morning/set?id=123801199.
Harry and I finished getting dressed then went to grab the twins. We bathed the two of them then put them on http://www.justmultiples.com/seuss-footed-sleeper.html.
We hurried out the door and to Harry's car.
*************
I walked into Lexis' room carrying Jayce to see Lexis sitting up in bed being inspected by a nurse. Zayn was sitting in the chair I had slept in last night. Once the nurse left the room Zayn asked the question that was bothering everybody in the room.
"Lexis, what happened?" He asked.