Chapter 21

As soon as Don and Meryl got back to the apartment they took the babies and went to lay them down in their nursery. Don was thrilled that he was able to carry his babies around; and even climb up the stairs with one of them. He could tell that his leg was a little weak and so he held on tightly to their bannister that went up the stairs because he didn't want ANYTHING to happen to Brady, that he was carrying. He had thought about what Meryl wanted to do, that he wanted to do, ever since they left Dr. Taylor's office; and he just prayed she would understand how he was feeling and that it wasn't about her.

***

Meryl was relieved that the babies were ready for their naps because she had something, or rather someone, in mind that she wanted to do. Once the babies were fast asleep in their cribs, she watched her husband make sure the video baby monitors were on. No sooner had they walked out the door, she gently closed it and pushed her husband against it. Devouring his mouth as her fingers started to undo his shirt. "I want you, baby...NOW. I'm so wet for you already."

"Baby." Don tried to stop her. "Baby, wait." He finally managed to gently push her away and tuck her hair behind her ear. "Darl, listen to me."

Meryl's hands continued to make their trek down his body. "Enough talking...more making love."

"Baby, wait." Don was a little more forceful. "You know how damn much I want to throw you on our bed and kiss every inch of your body; making love to you until neither of us can take anymore."

Meryl grabbed his hand and pulled him towards their bedroom. "Then let's go."

"Baby, stop." Don laughed. "I want to wait until we go to Maine. Where you first declared your love for me. Where I worked out in my head how I would ask your parents for their blessing to ask you to marry me. Where we made love for the first time after the second appearance of Mann. Where you first made me an apple pie. A place that holds so many special memories for us. Darl, we have just come out of hell. I thought I lost you after Brady was born; and you thought you lost me in that damn car accident. As much as I want to rip your clothes off you right now, and bury myself inside of you; I want it to be special. I want to wait."

Don's little speech only made Meryl want him more. She pulled his head down to hers so she could devour his mouth once again. "Always special...don't deny it anymore, baby."

"It is going to be spectacular." Don whispered with another kiss to his lips as he pulled away. "In Maine."

Meryl looked at him and sighed. "We're really waiting?"

"We've waited over 6 months. What's another day?" Don winked. "I hope it's not two."

As much as Meryl wanted her husband, the fact that he wanted to wait and make it special made her love him even more; even though she meant what she said, it was always special with him. "Okay."

"Thank you." Don said pulling her back to his as his hands wandered down to her ass, pulling her tightly against him and their lips gravitated to each other once again. "Okay, I obviously need to go focus on something else."

Meryl looked up at him through her eyelashes knowing what that did to him. "We could always make out."

"I don't trust myself." Don breathed as he buttoned up his shirt. "How about I go make the arrangements; and you pack for all of us? But be careful. Do you need me to carry suitcases up here for you or anything?"

Meryl shook her head as her lips went back to attach themselves to his neck. "We have some in our closet."

"Okay, I'll..." Don bent down to slant his lips over hers and finally pulled himself away. "Make arrangements; yeah, that's it."