Chapter 16

Meryl woke up with a smile the next morning. She first looked over her husband on his side of the bed where he insisted they placed the bassinets. He had her place them close enough to where he could reach and pull them closer to the bed so he didn't have to put weight on his leg; and was able to reach underneath for diapers so he could change them. When Meryl saw that the babies were still asleep; she laid on her side and watched her husband sleep. Her Don. She shook her head with a smile when she thought about how most father's would use their broken leg as a reason to not care for their babies, especially if they were almost 66 years old; but not her Don Man. He tried to think of anything he could to where he could still care for them without having to put weight on his leg. She knew he did that for two reasons: 1-to help her, and 2-because he loved caring for them so much. She couldn't believe how rested she felt and was grateful the babies slept since their early morning feeding; and to her husband for giving her the most amazing massage the night before. She knew he needed his sleep; but she couldn't resist placing soft kisses all over his face and then his neck and then his ear and down his bare chest. She was so lost in placing kisses all over his body that she didn't even know he woke up. "Those are some amazing lips, Mrs. Gummer."

"Better to kiss you with, my love." Meryl smiled as she looked up at him; continuing with what she started.

Don grabbed her head and pulled it up to his. "Then kiss me."

"Here?" Meryl teased as she placed a kiss on his nose as he shook his head; she then placed a kiss on his temps. "Here?" Again; that wasn't the place. She took his earlobe in her mouth. "I'm just sure this is the spot."

Don had enough of the teasing and pulled her so she was straddling his hips; he cupped his hand at the back of her head and pulled it to his. "I think you know where I want your lips."

"I know where I want your lips." Meryl moaned as she felt him spring to life underneath her. "Hopefully this will do for now."

Don flipped her over, carefully as he was mindful of his knee and she was still healing, and pressed his lips to hers. "This will do for the rest of my life."

"Don't...hurt...." Don cut off what his wife was saying by thrusting his tongue into her mouth. "Oh, God...mmmmmm."

Don's hand traveled under her to squeeze her ass as his lips trailed down to her neck. "You know...what your lips...on my bare skin...does...to...me."

"God, I've missed you on top of me." Meryl moaned as she wrapped her legs around his waist; thrusting her core up at him and forgetting all about his leg that was still healing as well as the fact they couldn't go much further. "Perfect start to...the day."

Don's hands were wild over her body until they went under her tank top and he felt her scars; it was like a bucket of cold water being thrown on him. He pressed his forehead to hers as he tenderly kissed her lips. "I'm sorry."

"What on earth for?" Meryl asked playing with his graying curly hair as she brushed her lips across his. "That was amazing."

Don couldn't help but laugh. "Baby, I know it's been awhile but we didn't do that much."

"You showed me how much you love me." She winked at him. "And want me."

Don collapsed beside her and pulled her into his arms. "You did the same for me. Soon baby, really soon."

"I can't wait." Meryl placed her chin on his chest and looked up at him. "You didn't hurt yourself..."

Don nibbled on her lip to prove that he was okay. "I promise, Darl. I wasn't too rough with you was I?"

"Not as rough as I want you to be." Meryl flirted as Don gave her a look. "I promise sweetheart, I'm fine."

Don cupped her cheek in his hand as he smiled at her; happy to see her face so relaxed and glowing. "How did you sleep?"