Chapter 95

"Another perfect day." Meryl sighed happily as she laid her head on Don's shoulder while Brady slept on her chest and Mags slept on Don's as they floated on the big covered floaty around the pool. "Absolute bliss."

Don placed a kiss on top of his wife's head as he wrapped his free arm tighter around his wife and son as he then kissed both of their babies' heads. "You still relaxed, baby?"

"More than I have been in I don't know how long." Meryl said looking at her husband through her sunglasses as she gave him the most satiated smile. "How about my guy?"

Don was beginning to feel like everything with Rebecca, Mann, Peggy and Harry was a long time ago. He had never been happier. "I am so happy and in love with you and our family. We are healthy. We have a beautiful granddaughter. Henry and Suze are making an amazing life and family for themselves. Ben is FINALLY leaving our Mamie girl alone. Gracie is flourishing with her shows. Louisa will be graduating in a few months."

"And going into advertising and not THE business." Meryl said making Don laugh; they wanted their kids to follow their hearts but they were both thrilled that at least for the time being that Louisa would have a "normal" profession. "Thank God."

Don laughed at his wife. "Our newest little Gummers are thriving; and are so happy and healthy. AND, I just married the love of my life all over again."

"Life really is perfect." Meryl choked as she tenderly kissed his lips. "I can't believe we haven't even been on our honeymoon for 24 hours and we're both so damn relaxed. I think we need to do this more."

Don shook his head as he smirked at his wife. "I don't THINK we need to do this more...I KNOW that we need to do this more."

"We will." Meryl closed her eyes as she relaxed into her husband's hold; that was until she heard his phone ring. "Don't people know we are on our honeymoon? We just talked to the kids earlier and they are fine. Your parents landed safely. No one should be calling."

Don loved that she wanted him all to herself and was annoyed at his phone ringing just as he always wanted her to himself and got annoyed when her phone would interrupt them. "I should have turned the damn thing off; but we were using the monitor app during their morning naps."

"We're parents." Meryl said making him laugh. "We don't turn our phones off."

Don rolled his eyes when he realized the ringtone was the  Law and Order theme song, meaning it was Larry. "It's just chicken shit. Ignore it. If it's important then he'll leave me a message. He should know better."

"Yes he should." Meryl giggled that his brother from another mother and best friend had his own ringtone on Don's phone. "Nice ringtone for him, babe."

Don winked at her. "Well, he is the DA of Manhattan."

"And he's not giving up." Meryl sighed as Don's phone began to ring again. "Maybe it's important. I mean he obviously knows that we're on our honeymoon."

Don rolled his eyes as he kissed her head. "Fine, I'll get him to stop calling."

"Want me to take her?" Meryl asked as Don got off the floaty with Mags.

Don shook his head. "I got her. Stay there with our boy. Hopefully this won't take very long."

"It better not." Meryl smiled as her husband got out of the pool with their daughter and grabbed a towel. "Remind him that I don't like to share you."

A feeling and smile of pride took over Don's face that his wife still felt like that after all these years. "What's up, chicken shit? We are on our honeymoon you know?" Don heard his wife laugh but then his face fell when he heard his best friend and lawyer's next words. "NO NO NO NO. She couldn't have. Any leads?"