Chapter 91

Don was relieved that the pilot and plane were ready to go whenever he called; and that he managed to call about the villa they were staying at and it would be ready as well according to his specifications. He wasn't planning on leaving until later that afternoon, but thanks to what Dana did, Don wanted to get his wife and youngest babies out of Connecticut and to their destination as quickly as possible. On their way to the airfield, they called all their kids to make sure they were okay; and to tell them that their Uncle Dana was drinking again and to let them know if they heard from him. Neither Don or Meryl thought he would go after the older kids; but they wanted to make sure. While Meryl was in the car with him, Don also called Larry to have him check in on the kids and Dana. They all knew that if Don and Meryl thought their children were in danger then they wouldn't going on their trip. The kids all encouraged them and promised to check in; but wanted their parents to relax and have fun. "Here we are." Don smirked as he carried the babies' carriers up the steps and onto the plane. "Honeymoon number 2 here we come."

"With two babies." Meryl laughed as they got situated and sat down on the couch while she held Mags and he held Brady. "This better not be our destination, Gummer; not after all you've been teasing me."

Don was so relieved that she was back to her happy and joyful self. This is how he wanted her to be; and a big reason why he wanted to have another wedding and honeymoon. He wanted to show her that NOTHING was more important to him than her and their children; just as he knew she felt the exact same way. "Come on, M. I mean, leather sofas. Wifi. Television. Minibar."

"I was hoping we would have a bed for our honeymoon." Meryl leaned over and whispered in his ear. "A big bed where you can flip me over as many times as you need to; where we can be as rough and as loud as we want."

Don swallowed hard as she blew in his ear. He had to remind himself they were both holding a baby and he couldn't get too turned on like she was trying to make him be. "Don't you worry, baby; everything will be private."

"Private, you say?" Meryl flirted as she continued to hold Mags but was placing tender kisses around her husband's ear. "How private? Where is this private bed?"

Don closed his eyes and took some deep breaths. "In a place."

"And where is this place?" Meryl nibbled on her husband's lips.

Don enjoyed the kiss for a few moments before pulling away. "On a continent."

"Which continent?" Meryl pressed on. "This continent?"

Don shook his head at his wife as the phone rang. "I better get that."

"You're not going to tell me are you?" Meryl asked as Don reached for the phone with a smirk and shook his head. "You're enjoying this aren't you?"

Don nodded as he answered the phone and kissed her lips." Great, Patrick, thanks. Just call and let me know when we're descending. Thanks." Don hung up the phone and looked at her. "We're taking off. Want a pillow?"

"Just their Boppies, please, babe." Meryl said as she got Mags situated and then Brady; and Don placed the Boppies under her arm like he knew she wanted. "Now, back to the earlier conversation. What will we be doing? Sun and sand? Mountains and snow? Did we have the right clothes for the babies? If we're going someplace with sun and sand then they need swim shirts and sunscreen. Baby sun tents. What about the mountains, do we have adequate snow gear for..."

Don tenderly kissed her lips and then looked down at their babies nursing as the plane started to ascend. "This is one of the most beautiful sights; I love watching you nurse."

"Don." Meryl smiled sweetly. "Don't try to change the subject."

Don shook his head at her. "I'm not changing the subject; I'm stating a fact. I'll state another fact, I don't care where the hell we are or what size the bed is. We could be in the mountains. We could be on the beach. Hell, we could be in Kansas City. All I care about is spending time with 3 of my loves; one of them being the love of my life. Do you really care where we're going?"