Chapter 89

Meryl woke up the next morning with a huge smile on her face; she felt like it was the morning after her wedding all those years ago and yet it was so much better because of how deep their love and commitment was now and all of the kids they shared together including the 2 babies sleeping in the bassinets next to their bed. Meryl thought of EVERYTHING he did to make their wedding this time around so perfect and special for her including the suite they were in, the song Henry sang as she walked down the aisle and their honeymoon; and she wanted to do something special for him. With a tender kiss to his lips she tried to get out of bed only for him to pull her close to his body. "Darl?"

"It's okay, baby, go back to sleep." Meryl whispered with a kiss to his cheek as she ran her fingers through his hair. "It's still early."

Don nuzzled her neck; making Meryl smile at how he obviously just wanted to be close to her. "Babies?"

"Still sleeping; just rest, Don Man." Meryl was glad that worked and she was able to slip out of bed, throwing a sweatshirt Don had packed on over the tank top and pajama pants she put on after their night of lovemaking because of the babies, and then she made her way out to the sitting closing the bedroom door behind her and went over to the phone. "Yes, I was hoping you could help me..."

***
Don stirred awake when he realized his wife never came back to bed; he couldn't imagine why she was up so early when he told her there was no rush for them to get to the airfield; and that they could simply take their time and enjoy their day. He got up and saw that the babies were still sleeping so he knew she wasn't with them; and that is when he heard her talking to someone out in the sitting room. He was going to be pissed if someone from the hotel staff came to their room as he left explicit instructions for them not to be disturbed as he didn't want someone trying to take her picture or ask for her autograph; not only because she was still on her self-imposed maternity leave, but also because it was supposed to be a relaxing and stress free time for her. He looked for a shirt to put on since he only slept in his pajama pants and went out to make sure no one was trying to capitalize on her private life.

***

"Thank you so much." Meryl said as she gave the young man a 20 dollar bill. "We'll put the cart in the hallway when we're done." Meryl was relieved when she closed the door that the young guy didn't seem to recognize her.

Don tried not to laugh when he walked into the sitting room and saw his wife pushing a room service cart while she was wearing a stocking cap with her hair obviously pulled up in it, a scarf around her mouth and big sunglasses. "Are you cold, Darl?"

"You scared the shit out of me!" Meryl jumped when she saw her husband standing there with a smirk on his face. "What are you doing awake? I was supposed to surprise you."

Don smiled warmly at his wife; now he was pretty sure he knew what the outfit was all about. "You never came back to bed and I was missing you."

"If you would have given me a few more minutes..." Meryl flirted as she took the sunglasses off and walked close to her husband so she could kiss his lips while she wrapped her arms around his neck once he removed her scarf. "Then I would have woken you up with kisses."

Don pulled her closer to his body as his tongue leisurely and lovingly stroked hers; eventually breaking away as he took the stocking cap off her head, throwing it on the coffee table. "I love your kisses at any time; but what was this outfit for and what's going on?"

"I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed." Meryl said nodding to the room service cart. "I also didn't want to be recognized so that is the reason for the winter gear."

Don ran his hands down to her backside. "Baby, you could have woken me up and I could have dealt with the room service so you didn't risk being seen or someone bothering you."