2-28: Plot Twist

Malibu, California

Tony's Mansion

December 22, 2012

-☆-

The door bell rang and the two geniuses head immediately turned to the security footage. "Are we still at ding-dong." Tony questions Jarvis.

"You definitely are." Astra muttered and Tony looked at her with a confused expression. "A ding-dong." She tried to clarify, but her brothers face was still completely lost. "Okay, so that wasn't my best joke-"

"We're suppose to be on total... Security lock-down." He spoke loudly banging his hand on the stereo, interrupting the brunette. "Come on. I just threatened a terrorist. Who is that?"

"There's only so much Jarvis can do when you give the world's press your home address" Astra responded while Tony jumped of the stereo.

"Stay here." He ordered her while walking backwards to tell her.

"I'm sorry, that is not something I will listen to." She replied, jumped off the stereo as well and landing perfectly on her feet.

"Just for a second, okay. I don't know who's at the door." He begged her to stay.

"Fine." She accepted, sitting down on a chair and toying with a piece of machinery. He got on an Iron Man suit on and went up the stairs.

She waited a few seconds before she became too impatient and walked up the spiral stairs. "Is somebody there?" Pepper asked from the upstairs.

"Yeah, It's Maya Hanson." Tony answered as Astra make her final step and observed the scenery. There was a lady that she sort of recognized, Tony out of his suit, and travel bags on the floor. "Old botanist pal that I used to know, barely." He pulled the lady to the side. "Please don't tell me theres a 12 year old kid waiting in the car that I've never met."

"A nephew?" Astra awwed with hopeful eyes while she interjected.

"He's 13." Maya joked. "No, I need your help."

"But what for, why now?" Tony got spectral.

"Because I read the papers and frankly I don't think you'll last the week." She answered him truthfully.

"I'll be fine." He responded.

"You overestimate yourself a lot." Astra commented with her eyebrows tilted upwards while she looked at her brother.

"I'm sorry, with Happy in the hospital, I didn't know we were expecting guests." Pepper came in the conversation. "We weren't" Tony intersected. "And old girlfriends." Pepper finished.

"She's not really." He pointed at Maya

"No, not really. I..." Maya backed up, also pointing at Tony. "It was just one night."

"Yep." Tony agreed.

"That's how you did it, isn't it?" Pepper bobbed her head.

"It was a great night."

"Yep. Well, you know. You saved yourself a world of pain." Pepper told Maya.