5-66: Take a Mint

Kyln

November 2, 2015

-☆-

The Kyln. The Nova Corps prison, filled with terrible people in hideous yellow clothing. Some of which, wanted to kill Astra. The things that she's done in the past 4 months made her hate herself, but she remembers constantly what Alphine told her. They need to trust you. With the first sign of it, make your move. Of course, Alphine couldn't tell her much. But, she listened to her and ended up in prison, now Astra is worried she screwed up.

A fruit was thrown as Astra's face, pulling her out of her thoughts. The criminals continued throwing things at their new inmates. Sending death threats to her and Gamora. Been Thanos' daughter for 4 months and people hate me. Astra complained in her head. Word spreads fast, after all.

"Like I said, they got a rep." Rocket spoke up while they kept walking. "A lot of prisoners here have lost their families to Ronan and his goons. The girls will last a day, tops."

"The guards will protects them, right?" Quill concerned, even though he probably still hated the girls guts.

"They're here to stop us from getting out." Rocket basically said no. "They don't care what we do to each other inside."

"Whatever nightmares the future holds," Astra spoke up, pity was mixed with regret in her voice. "are dreams compared to what's behind me."

When Peter turned right back around to face forward a man twice his size with blue skin was already standing there. "Check out the new meat." He chuckled, running a had down Quills face. "I'm gonna slather you Gunavian jelly and go to town-"

The blue man was cut off by Groot sticking his fingers up the mans nose and lifting him off the ground while the man screamed in agony. "Let's make something clear." Rocket began announcing. "This one here is our booty. You wanna get to him, you go through us. Or more accurately," Something must have cracked inside the man's head, judging by the sound coming from in there. "We go through you." Groot dropped the man, and he cried on the ground.

"I'm with them." Quill claimed, then following Groot and Rocket.

Sometime durning Rockets little threat, Gamora and Astra separated from the group. A mob of angry people trailing behind them, continuing their threats. Upon entering their cell, Gamora seemed more shaken up than Astra, after all she had been Thanos' prisoner for much longer. The closed door shielded them from the angry people inside, that banged on the glass.

*****

You'd think that if Astra could defeat hundreds of people in a battle, she could take on a group of criminals. However with the skin tight bracelet on her wrist she couldn't create any weapons and her strength was normal. A knife was held to her through as well as Gamora.

"Take her to the showers." A guard told the vengeful criminals. "It'll be easier to clean up the blood down there." Gamora let out a frustrated cry as she and Astra were dragged.

With they're back against the wall, the females were held there with knifes pointed at their throats. "Gamora," He hissed and then turned to the brunette. "Astra."

"Dude," Astra said with a disgusted face. "Take a breath mint. Or brush your teeth."

His face turned even angrier, his nasty grin became nastier as his knife was moved closer to the brunettes throat. "You die first. Consider this a death sentence for your crimes against the galaxy."