5-82: Fox

Berhart

January 18, 2016

--

The sun was barely peeking through the horizon and with tree's everywhere you could barely see the light. But Astra was up and sitting on top of the Milano, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sun. Inside the ship, the others were rising from their beds and preparing for the journey they're about to leave for.

There was a light thud as Peter was half on the roof of the ship and struggling to get on. His hands tried to grab ahold of something, but he just ended up clawing at the metal and grunting as he slowly got on. Astra didn't bother to help, she found it entertaining, plus she didn't want to move from her confortable position. In place on helping, she snickered at him as he finally was on the roof as was breathing heavily to catch his breath.

"Okay." He pep talked himself. Finally being fine, he walked over to Astra and sat crisscrossed next to her.

"What is it, Walkman?" She grinned and turned back to look at the faint light.

"Ash," He started. "You came to space looking for your father. What were you expecting?" He kept his head down while Astra leaned back to put weight on her arms.

She huffed lightly as she thought for a moment. "I don't know." She finally answered. "Definitely, didn't expect a guy the conquered planets as a living. I didn't even know I was adopted until 5 years ago. Feels so long ago." She smiled coyly as she thought back at the recent events. "Peter, I literally went above and beyond looking for my dad. If you have a chance to get that somewhat normal family. Take it."

"Does he seem a bit sketchy to you, though?" His eyes were scrunched together as he asked her.

"You want sketchy, go to a rich neighborhood in Vegas." She scoffed. "You can smell the drugs from a mile away." He laughed lightly at her comment.

"Thank you, Ash." He nodded gratefully. "Why don't we have more talks like these?"

She eyed him with a look that said it was obvious and shook her head slowly. "Cause whenever you do try to start a conversation with me you ask about Footloose."

*****

"You're leaving me with that fox." Nebula growled, clearly disapproving of the way things are going.

"He's not a fox." Gamora defended Rocket, strapping he satchel as she walked out the ship. "Shoot her if she does anything suspicious." She told Rocket while he fixed the ship and mumbled something back. "Or if you just feel like it." She then bent down to Groot, wiping away a tear. "It'll be just a couple days. We'll be back before Rocket's finished with the ship."

Astra walked over to her green sister handing her a blaster. "I modified it." She shrugged. "Twice the range with half the speed. Your welcome." Gamora gave a grateful smile and secured it to her holster.

"You sure you don't want to come with?" Gamora asked for the 6th time that morning, and counting.

"You really trust Rocket in charge?" She chuckled lightly. "It'll be fine. You have fun with your little boy toy." Gamora's jaw dropped and her face turned to one of shock and she began protesting. The brunette grinned and waved her off and held her right arm out for Groot to climb on. "Come on Groot. Let's see them go." The tiny tree climbed up her arm and sat on her shoulder, his small hand grabbing onto her short brown hair.

"Why do you have to much luggage?" Gamora asked Drax while he and Quill stepped out the ship.

"I don't want Groot playing with my things."

"Hope daddy isn't as big of a dick as you, orphan boy." Rocket mumbled to Quill.

Earth dude got annoyed, turning slightly and sucking in a bit of breath. "What is your goal here? To get everybody to hate you?" Rocket tried to look stern, but you could see he was hurt. "Because it's working." He finished off.

Quill, Drax and Gamora headed over to the egg shaped ship where Ego and Mantis were already waiting. Groot vigorously waved goodbye, hoping they would turn back for a last wave for him. Astra laughed lightly at him, and her blue sister looked between her and Gamora feeling a pang of regret and longing for what could be.

*****

Astra sat up in a tree, Rocket not to far from her. Flen Campbell's Southern Nights played lightly as she gently moved her shoulders side to side with the rhythm. The Ravagers were detected a while back and Rocket and Astra had already set up bobby traps, but it's fun to torment them. Rocket had planted a walkie talkie in the ship, so it seemed like he was in the ship, singing with the music.

One of the Ravagers stepped on a trigger, not realizing till it was too late and tranquilizers shot of the squad. They groaned at the pain and fell to the ground in an instant, shots being fired from one of the unconscious bodies. Then, where Rocket was, another squadron was carefully approaching the ship.

The raccoon made a move, the Ravagers noticed at shot at him chaotically while he jumped through the trees and taking cover behind the one next to the brunette. Rocket pressed one of the buttons on his machine, the blue energy burst and the Ravagers flew into the air. Then, the other button did the same thing in the other area. The 2 groups screamed one after the other, making Rocket laugh loudly and Astra snicker. One went up as one went down, then the other was around.

Once Rocket was done with his fun, he scurried off one way and Astra the opposite way. One the brunette spotted a squadron, she jumped down from her tree, the leaves shook lightly as the men turned to point there guns in the direction, no dirt in sight. Really, she was right behind them, her hair white and bow staves in hand. "Hi, fellas." She taunted seductively and raised her stave up, and knocking the Ravagers out at a fast pace and dodging the bullets and blasts.

Standing in the middle of the fallen bodies, Astra looked around and nodded proudly. She stepped on an unconscious body and hopped off back on the earthy ground. Not even a few steps out, Younu's red arrow was a centimeter away from her forehead. "Damn it. Dear visions, please show what I need. Sincerely, the girls who somehow isn't dead." She mumbled.

"Well, got one." Youndu chuckled as he came into view. "Come on, princess. Follow me, unless you like arrow punctures in your head." She grumbled under her breath and obeyed, stomping her way to walk behind him.

-☆-