Chapter 6 - Mr Brightside

NORMAN

"Oh my....you've got to be kidding me!"

Ollie's mouth opened in delighted shock as the band came onto view on the stage. Then she started clapping and whooping with the rest of the crowd. She turned to me, grinning in pure stunned excitement.

"This is awesome! How on earth did they get these guys, no wonder it's packed in here?"

Seeing my confused smile in return, she asked....

"You've got no idea who they are, do you?"

I shake my head. Have to lean closer to speak into her ear as the crowd is now going crazy.

"Nope. Ito, the owner is well-connected in the music industry. Gets heaps of overseas act's in, most of them I've never even heard of. That's why I like coming here so much. So, spill....who are they Ollie?"

"It's the Killers!"

And with that, they launched into their first song. The whole place went off and she began bopping along, singing with the rest of the crowd.

I'm stoked with the music, but I'm loving the little floorshow happening at our table even more. Ollie's hips are wiggling in time with the beat. Yet I'm somehow managing to keep my hand in place at her waist.

She's a little witch in blue and white silk. Has me well and truly under her spell already!

But I'm not the only one? Yeah, I've noticed the many covert glances from other admirers....even though she seems blissfully unaware.

Except....there's this one guy standing in the crowd. Keeps peering her way and chuckling to himself. Like he's really amused about something? Then he whispered to his date who also gazed at Ollie.

He's about my age and looks as if he should be in a laboratory rather than a club.

When the band took a break, his date came straight over to Ollie. I pulled her a bit closer, almost protectively as they began chatting in Japanese.

"My cousin, he does not like to dance but he said that you do very much. Would you mind dancing with me when the Killer's play again....please? "  She asked so very politely, as is the Japanese way.

Ollie frowned in confusion then peered over to where the guy stood. Suddenly burst into gales of happy laughter.

He made his way toward us and Ollie jumped up. Tugging him into a hug when he came to a standstill beside our table.

When they pulled apart he kissed her on the cheek. Placed his hands on her shoulders and looked her up and down. An inspection that appeared brotherly and appraising more than anything else.

"It's been just on six months, yet you've grown up my Kaida"  He laughed as she swatted him.

Little dragon?

Suddenly remembering my presence, Ollie gave a small grimace of shame.

"I'm so sorry, Norman....forgive me for being so rude. Please allow me to introduce my friend Hideo. Hid, this is Norman."

I stood also and we shook hands as he gave me a friendly nod of greeting.

"Hi Norman, it's nice to meet you. This is my youngest cousin Kitenho....though she prefers to be called Kitty."

We both greeted her, and I invited them to sit with us. Moved to the edge of the padded semicircle seat and Ollie sat down again, sliding my way.

The others squeezed in and by the time they settled? Ollie was flush against me....curved under my arm.