Chapter 13 - Don't Stand So Close To Me

OLLIE

It takes my befuddled grey matter a few moments to register....that there's someone standing in front of me.

I almost apologise, thinking I've wandered into their path. When I hear a voice and feel myself being swept up into strong arms. Then my mouth....is attacked.

But it only takes my brain a split second to recognise it's him chanting my name. And a few more to just shut down completely as my lips and body give in.

Tasting his mouth, feeling his chest under my shaking hands....

Hands that then shove with all their might until his ass almost hits the dirt. Brain firing back up like a blast furnace in a foundry. A mouth that finally opens up and lets him have it.

"You have some bloody nerve, FUCKBOI!"

This man just rocks up like he's God's gift to womankind. And thinks if he tickles my tonsils, I'll simply fall at his feet?

I can almost hear Tess in my head, hollering and cheering. Because my inner bitch-switch has finally flicked itself on. After three days of being locked in the off position.

Three days of feeling like shit and wondering what'd happened to him....to us. Flogging myself over and over. Fully convinced it was my fault that Norman cut himself off from me so totally.

My anger has finally surfaced and pushed away the incredible pain that'd taken up residence around my chest.

"Fuckboi?"  He repeated dumbly.

Looking at me in total disbelief as he staggered forward again. Tried to sweep me back into his arms.

"Ollie, wait....please listen...."

"WAIT....LISTEN?"

"I've been waiting three bloody days to 'listen'  to whatever bullshit excuses you might invent. For being a complete and utter asshole! Save your breath....you'll need it to blow up your next victim."

I splutter in fury, stumbling backwards from him.

"Ollie, c'mon. Maybe if you calm down and...."

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN, NORMAN REEDUS. BECAUSE I WILL THROW A FUCKING BRICK AT YOUR FACE!"

"Now I know why Hideo calls you his little dragon. You know, you're so fucking gorgeous when you're breathing fire"  Norman burst out laughing.

Laughing? He's actually....he thinks this is funny?

I stand there for long seconds, staring up at him in growing horror. Before taking off at a gallop. Bursting into hot, angry and humiliated tears as my speed picks up.

"Ollie, no....sweetheart....wait...."  His voice called after me but I don't stop.

Even when I hear the sound of running steps crunching on the path behind me.

Slowing down slightly to take the corner, my feet skid a bit. Before I manage to step into the front courtyard of the Temple.

Shit!

Shit!

SHIT!

*

There's now a mass of people between me and the exit to the park.

All are solemnly watching along with the Shinto priests. As a group of young girls perform the 'Kagura'  dance near the central shrine.