Chapter 7 - Riding The Rails

OLLIE

"How do you feel about living dangerously tonight?"  I asked Norman as we readied for our outing.

"Are you up to something again, my Koakuma?"  He teased, laughing at me when I poked my tongue out at him....discretely of course.

He's been calling me that since last night and secretly....I love it!  Never been a little imp or devil before. Although I think last night might've been the start of my apprenticeship?

"This afternoon, Minnie is giving me a cooking lesson. And if you're sticking around for dinner then you'll be eating the results. So you better behave today, Mr Norman! Otherwise, you might find something unexpected on your plate tonight"  I threaten.

"You're on the menu then? I'm starving already"  He leered, licking his lips with glee.

I don't need directions. Because I walked straight into that one, huh?  🙄

*

"How do we get lost then, Ollie?"  Norman asked as we entered the train station.

"Give me a letter and a number between ummmm....five and thirty"  I reply.

"So, what does it mean?"

"The letter is the line and the number will be our destination station"  I answered gaily as we headed for Shibuya.

That's where we'll transfer. For our next ride to nowhere, anywhere....somewhere....who cares!  😉

We settle into vacant seats, ready for the final leg. The station number he chose matches up with 'Shimokitazawa'.  I've heard of it yet have never visited.

But Norman has himself other ideas.

"Now that I've got you captive? We're not getting off this train. Not until I find out who Olivia Hardy really is"  He announced, laying his arm on the ledge behind me.

To re-enforce the fact he isn't going to let me escape, he wrapped my ponytail around his hand. Then rested his fingers where the curve of my neck meets a collarbone.

Damn!

Of all the places? He has to bloody go and choose the one that makes me want to curl up....purr.

I take a deep breath and begin. Wanting to get it over and done with as quickly as possible.

"Only child, much older parents. Lived on a property in country Victoria. Mum died when I was two. Dad sold up and we moved to Melbourne when I was four...."

Norman jumped in as I paused to draw a quick breath.

"Slow down, Little Miss....this isn't speed dating you know"  He laughed.

"How old were they? Was it a farm? How did you lose your Mom....and why did your Dad sell up?"

So many questions. Ok, if he wants all the boring details....

"Dad inherited the farm from an elderly relative. We had lots of cows, some sheep, goats and horses. Nothing really to make a living from, but enough to keep busy with and feed a little family. He did some mechanic work on the side to help with the bills."

"He and Mum were in their mid-forties when I came along. A complete surprise as they'd given up hope. They didn't know Mum had a dicky heart and the pregnancy took its toll. She had her first....and last heart attack just after I turned two."

"I'm really sorry, Oll. That's so sad. Do you remember her much?"  He asked gently, absently looping my hair round and around his fingers.

"Of course I do. It happened too long ago for me to remain sad though"  I smile back.