Chapter 41 - Your Dream Or Mine?

NORMAN

"Minnie! How's my little cherry blossom?"

I lift her up, spin her around and plant a big smacker on her cheek.

"Mr Norm....you evil boy-child. Why you spin me like helicopter? Stop the kissing. Mrs Ryochi is looking....she will tell the stories! "

Minnie squawked like a chicken. Then started thumping her little fists on my shoulders as I carry her through the entrance of her Ryokan.

Putting her down gently, I stride back out. Grab my bags before taking off my boots.

"So, Mama-san....what's been happening?"  As we walk to my room, she gave me all the gossip since my last visit.

"You get big, like Hulk. Split the clothes lifting Minnie, I sew for you. Take off now"  Did as she ordered, noticing the ripped seam under one arm.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty shredded alright. On and off the job  😉

"You other guests? They arrive soon?"  She asked before turning to leave.

I've booked out all three rooms.

"Dunno when....sometime I guess."

That answer will tie her up in knots as she likes being organised. Poor Minnie....today sure isn't gonna be her day.

An hour later, the text alert sends me flying back to the little reception room.

"Think we finally have a guest, Minnie!"

She glanced up towards the entry and just about fainted.

"Miss Livi....Miss Livi....I afraid we never see you again!"

She's almost crying as she flings herself at Ollie, nearly crushing her to death.

"Hi, Minnie. It's lovely to see you too."

I hear the tears in my Little Miss's voice.

***

When Ollie told me that she never returned to Tokyo? I knew. The place I wanted to take her back to, for our honeymoon.

Three weeks, that's all it took for me to organise our wedding. It was a frantic time, cos the restaurant took off from day one. And then filming started again in the third week.

Had myself a little help though.

No, not Stacey. Oll strictly forbade her from having any involvement whatsoever. Can't actually blame her, as Stace can come off as a bit tyrannical at times?

Roped in Greg and Andy....though I checked with the missus first. She just rolled her eyes. Told me the sooner I get my ass organised and marry her? The sooner she'll leave my guest bedroom.

Three of the longest fucking weeks of my whole life!

Greg, Andy plus Flanery and Ming were my best men. Ollie had Tess and Pat stand up with her.

Tess gave me absolute hell on our first meeting. But Pat became my champion. Once she eventually recognised me as 'her'  visitor from all those years ago.

Kinda feels like I have two pseudo 'monster in-laws'  now.

"Son...."  Reg announced to me mournfully,

"....it is the way it is I'm afraid. Ollie is our daughter too. So if you marry her? Then you marry us. It does get easier....believe me."

"It doesn't"  Trey whispered to me behind Reg's back.