Chapter 32 - Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee

OLLIE

OH MY GOD!

I took a flying leap at Greg and he spun me around in his arms, planting kisses on my head.

"Can't believe it! After all this time....here you are beautiful girl!"  He kept saying over and over.

My mind went back to that awful conference where we first met. What was supposed to be a meeting of all the biggest talent in the special effects world? Turned out to be nothing more than a showcase for a major Telco.

Everyone felt so cheated that most had left by the Saturday morning. But luckily, I'd met Greg and we clicked instantly. Just like I had with Hid.

We blew off the agenda for the remainder of the weekend, hunkering ourselves down in the hotel bar or in various restaurants. Talking....and talking even more. Showing each other things we'd worked on and comparing ideas. It was just an awesome time.

We became firm friends and chatted regularly via text or email. I felt a bit ashamed that I'd dropped off the radar a bit in the last year, due to work and the big move.

"So, are you 'the'  Nic then?"  I ask, indicating the sign.

"Yep, that's me! Come inside, sweetheart. Got a couple of people for you to meet. Then we'll chow down and get you settled in."

We kept up the chatter as he led me inside and introduced me to Scott. Then Greg drew me over to one of the restaurant booths.

"Oh....I'd also like to introduce you to one of our main actors. My partner here in this establishment and a very good friend. Olivia, this is...."

An extremely well-built man with longish dark hair slid out of the cushioned bench seat and stood. Then he turned around to face me.

"Hello....Ollie...."

Instantly I was encased in a vacuum. No oxygen, no sound and no smell.

I screw my eyes shut and open them again. No....not a mirage.

It's him!

But now there's someone else inhabiting my body....someone else and not Ollie. The 'Not Ollie'  opened her mouth and replied ever so sweetly....

"Hello, Norman...."

Moved her arm back and as it catapulted forward, the hand of 'Not Ollie'  curled into a fist and connected fair and square with his face.

"....YOU SON OF A BITCH FUCKBOI BASTARD!"

'Not Ollie'  finished her greeting in absolute fury.

As his head rocked back from the blow, I dimly heard that Scott bloke say....

"Is she a fucking lunatic?"

....underneath Greg's outright howls of laughter.

"Still my little Kaida I see?"  Norman's face turned to mine again with a rueful grin, as he rubbed his eye.

"Don't you dare fucking smile at me, Reedus! And I'm not your....anything!  You fucking....hey....LET ME GO ASSHOLE! "

'Not Ollie'  quickly took her leave and now it's plain old 'Me Ollie'  yelling up a storm as he spins me around.

Norman has wrapped his arms around mine, so I can't reach back and rip that smirking grin from his face with my fingernails. He stops short at cupping a hand over my mouth, obviously treasures his fingers.