22

"I waited for you." Quinn began.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"Biff is the first person I've dated since you left, and he kept asking me out for a while before I finally said yes." Quinn explained. "I kept telling him I had a boyfriend and making excuses."

"Why did you finally say yes then?" Puck wondered.

"I had to get you out of my head." Quinn admitted. "You're all I thought about for over a year."

"I thought about you." Puck told Quinn. "I kept thinking if I just got through the day, and then the week, and then the month, and then the year, I'd be closer to seeing you."

Quinn took a deep breath. "I waited for you. You never called me."

"Cell service was bad in Afghanistan." Puck answered with a small smile.

Quinn didn't smile back. She just looked at him. "I didn't even know you were in Afghanistan."

Puck frowned. He had assumed Rachel or Santana kept Quinn informed, but then again, they didn't really keep him informed about Quinn while he was away.

"I lost you and Finn." Quinn said as tears filled her eyes. "Two of my closest friends."

"Well, I didn't see you at the memorial Mr. Schue had for Finn." Puck muttered.

Quinn looked at him. "I couldn't bring myself to go back again. The funeral was bad enough."

Puck nodded. He understood, even though he wanted Quinn to have been there with everyone.

"A month after he died, you told me you were leaving, and I thought you were gonna die, too." Quinn said as tears rolled down her cheeks. "And I said horrible things to you that I didn't mean and-"

Puck wrapped his arms around Quinn and held her while she cried.

"I'm sorry." Quinn sniffled.

"I knew you didn't mean any of it." Puck said as he rubbed Quinn's back.

"You could've died and the last thing I would've said to you was something like I hope you never come back." Quinn sobbed as she picked her head up from Puck's chest.

"It's okay." Puck insisted.

"I'm sorry I didn't wait longer." Quinn apologized as she bit her lip.

"I'm sorry I left." Puck whispered, still holding Quinn.