Ep 39

Thank you for 5k Views!
I'm so grateful you guys are enjoying my work. You're all little sweetheart. And your comments are so cute. I love you all. Okay enjoy the story
~~~~~~~~~~

(PoV: Sonic)

  It has been a few days since the attack. Our window was fixed, but I could never be more nervous. I wanted to panic, to hyperventilate. Anything to keep this from happening.

"Sapphire," Shadow snapped me back to reality, "I asked you how I looked. You okay?"

"Y-yeah. Just having my Uncle test you to see if he thinks you're worthy to be a part of the family. That's no big deal," I felt lightheaded.

"Hey, look at me. His word is only a blessing. I'll continue being with you no matter how this night goes," he kissed me, "So stop your worrying."

"Okay," I smiled, "Okay, but I won't stop worrying until you come home with Uncle's blessing," I kissed his cheek, "Now go, you'll be late handsome."

(PoV: Chuck)

  I waited at the restaurant bar. Shadow was late, minus one point. I tapped on the table impatiently. This was a bad start for a boy who thinks they can just date my nephew.

"Apologies for the tardiness, Sonic need to know I'd make it here safely," he sat down next to me.

"All's well," honest and polite. Not bad, I welcomed him, plus two, "Pick a drink of your choice."

"Just water is fine," he told the waiter.

  He's dressed appropriately. Neat shirt and ironed pants, I examined his clothes, plus one. It was time for questions.

"So Shadow, how long have you been dating my nephew?" I asked, ordering nothing.

"Well, it's been a few months now. We officially got together about seven months ago, but I've known him for a little over a year," he answered clearly, plus two. Knowing the anniversary date is very important.

"So were you, friends, before?" I asked.

"No, we were rivals. Sonic would often beg to race," he was swirling his glass around.

"Tell me, what did you think when you first met my nephew?" I asked watching him flinch.

"Well... that depends. Are you asking me about the hero of Mobius or Sonic?" He replied with a question. Not only that but he saw through my trick. Sonic is seen as one person by the world, another by the people he's closest with.

"Very good, you saw through my trap. In this case, how did meeting the real Sonic go for you?" I asked, this hedgehog defiantly had a way with words.

"It was confusing at first, I had only seen Sonic as cocky and, well obnoxious. When I first saw him in that sweater, acting completely different... I didn't know what to say. He was like another person. Someone more free... I never thought Sonic could be any more cheerful. Over time he seemed to change me as this adorable sweater loving hedgehog he was. He made me softer, but stronger. He just became... amazing," his answer was all I needed. His eyes showed honesty, truth, trust, and most importantly... love.

(PoV: Sonic)

"Oh-man oh-man oh-man..." I couldn't help but pace.

"What questions is he asking him?" Dark asked.

"I don't know," I answered.

"How's Shadow answering them?"

"I don't know."

"How long until it's over?"

"Grr... I don't know!"

"Sonic stop pacing," Tails grabbed me and sat me down, "Look I'm sure it's going to be fine. You Uncle won't be too hard on Shadow, right?"

"He was hard on me, that's for sure," Sally answered.

"I just don't like the waiting part," I replied, "it stresses me out."

"Wait why would Chuck test you?" Tails asked.

"You were too young to remember, Sonic and I used to date," Sally started telling Tails stories of when he was younger, "Sonic stop biting your nails."

  I ignored her, I was too focused on Shadow.

(PoV: Chuck)

  Shadow was neat, clean, polite, and protective of Sonic. He wasn't abusive in any way, and he clearly cared a lot for my only nephew. I even got him to tell me about his plan, it was a wonderful one at that. By the end of the night, I had made my choice. Once we were alone in the trail to Tails's workshop, I stopped him.

"Shadow the Hedgehog," he looked at me eager and hope in his eyes, "you are temperamental when it comes to Sonic's protection, and often quiet and secretive. That makes you seem difficult and untrustworthy, not to mention the fact that you've worked for Eggman and attack my nephew on several occasions," his eyes flickered from hope to disappointment and sadness, "but..." hope quickly returned, "your eyes have told me a different story all night. You've proven yourself trustworthy and kind. You will always protect my nephew, even when he runs off on his own. I know that you will. You're neat, clean, and caring. You've always been there for Sonic through his hardest times that you know of, and I want you to continue to do so, as my nephew in law. Shadow the Hedgehog... you have my blessing."

(PoV: Shadow)

  I wanted to scream, this night was annoyingly stressful for Sonic. I came through with Chuck's blessing. As soon as I opened the door to Tails's workshop, I saw Sonic sitting and biting his nails again.

"Sonic, what did I tell you about biting your nails," I said.

  The cloud of worry around him faded as soon as he saw me. He ran up to me at full speed. In turn, landed us both on the ground.

"I hate this night," he mumbled, "so?"

  Chuck only smiled as he watched us, "He has my blessing."

  Sonic had the biggest smile I had ever seen. He hugged me tight, just as I hugged him, cautious of his still healing burn. This was the Hedgehog I fell for, the one I love.