Ep 46

(PoV: Tail)

Sonic looked so tired when we got to the hospital, but never stopped smiling. Ambrose was so cute and adorable.

"Hello," Sonic would talk to his with the baby voice constantly, "yeah," Ambrose wasn't doing anything other than wiggling in his lap, "where're you oochin' too? Where're you gonna go?"

"He's strong," Chuck picked up the baby, "he's lifting his head already."

"He gets that from his papa, just like his dark quills," Sonic said holdings his little hand, "Yeah, you look just like your papa."

"He gets the highlights from you," Shadow replied.

"Where on me do you see purple steaks? That's all you," Sonic remarked.

"The vibrants of it comes from your blue," Shadow answered.

"Yeah sure," Sonic sighed and started getting up, "you guys keep an eye on him for a few minutes?"

"Just go," Shadow kissed his cheek, "he'll be fine."

"Okay, okay," Sonic left to the bathroom.

"Can I hold him, Chuck?" I asked.

"Remember to support his head," he handed me Ambrose.

He was so small, "was Sonic this small. When he was born too?"

"When we found him he was a bit smaller. So he might have been smaller when he was born," Chuck laughed, "not hard to imagine. Sonic was always smaller than most of the other kids."

"Found?" Cream asked.

"Oh no," Amy gasped, "no wonder he always looked upset when I asked to meet his parents."

"Chao..." Cheese let out as sad chao.

"What's going on?" Sonic asked, "is something worse with Ambrose," Sonic darted to me and the baby. He started peeking under the blankets that bundled the dark and purple hedgehog in my arms.

"No no, he's alright," Shadow calmed Sonic down, "don't strain yourself. You just started healing from last night."

"I know but-"

"No buts," Shadow interrupted Sonic, "the bleeding hasn't stopped yet and you've got stitches to heal."

"... okay," Sonic sighed.

It must have really hurt him to dash across the room like that. His legs her shaking a bit under the blankets. Shadow took Ambrose from me when he started crying. Shadow bounced him in his arms, when he didn't stop crying he handed Ambrose to Sonic. Sonic started humming as he opened a button on the hospital gown to feed the baby.

"How does it feel?" I asked changing the subject.

"What?" He asked.

"Feeding the baby," I clarified.

"It stings a little. I won't feel it anymore after a while," Sonic answered.

"Weird," Knuckles commented.

"Say it again Knux, I dare you," Shadow growled.

"No thanks," Knuckles backed off.

"Hey Sonic wh-" Rouge covered Amy's mouth to keep her from talking.

"It's nothing sweetie just focus on Ambrose. Can you two go home today?" Rouge asked.

"They want to keep Sonic one more night. They want to see how his body is recovering," Shadow didn't sound too happy about that, "We'll be home tomorrow."

"I'll pick you three up tomorrow then," Rouge smiled.

--- Next Day ---

(PoV: Shadow)

As soon as we got home I made sure Sonic went to bed. I didn't need him to strain his body any more than it has. Nine months of fighting Eggman without him knowing and taking care of him was enough. At least now Chuck and Vanilla would help more with the baby so Sonic can rest. Honestly, Rouge and Vanilla both acted like mom's towards Sonic. I never figured Rouge to do anything other than flirt. For now, these two hedgehogs of mine were my only concern. My whole universe is my family.

(PoV: Sonic)

Shadow is the love of my life. Ambrose has become a part of our lives. I loved them both so much. Raising him was another story. This family is my universe.

--- Later ---

Ambrose rested between to us. Peanut had grown so fast, so beautifully. Her sakura petals surrounded us like a huge from our daughter. I loved my family so. We are a rare one after all. None of us are what we seem.

End.

~~~

I'm crying. 😢😭

I love this book so much. I pour my heart into all of my works. To end this, is to end an era of my life.

There will be one last part with a drawing of our Sonadow family. That will be all.

I love you all, you are my fellow FicLovers. I hope to see you all in my other stories as well. I miss you already.

Fair well 😚