CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

MAE's P.O.V

Monday. It's a busy day at the office, as usual. Too many paper works to do. Too many projects to handle. I am registered nurse but due to some circumstances I landed a job as an administrative assistant here in an private music company with the help of a high school friend.

"Mae, have you made Mr. Reyes signed the contract already?" I heard my senior calling me out from the hallway. I tilted my head and peeked through the window and answered, "Yes, ma'am! I already put the contract on your table." She just nodded her head at me before going back to her table. I was about to go back to what I was doing when someone spoke from behind me.

"Mae, could you please make a copy of this, ten copies per page, the boss needs it before 7:00pm tonight?" I jumped in surprise. I almost collided with Miss Marizon, one of my female co-workers, who is currently handing me a very thick folder or book, or whatever it is. I can't decide since it's unbelievably thick. I look at the amount of paper she was handing me. It's almost one ream thick, and I need to make ten copies of it? I scratched my head. I really don't want to accept it since I still need to finish a lot of reports before 5:00pm and I still have an appointment at 6:00pm. I look at the wall clock and it's already 11:00am. No, I cannot accept it.

"I'm Sor-" I was about to refuse when she cut me off.

"I can really do it myself but our boss is asking me to run a very important errand outside, and there is no one else in this room I can trust with this project but you." I raised my right eyebrow at her. I know she is flattering me to get me to do what she wants. She is obviously lying.

"But I-" I tried to refuse once again, but she did the same thing, she cut me off.

"Thank you Mae, you are a very sweet angel! How about I treat you to a cup of coffee later?" She winked at me then, she smiled sweetly while batting her lashes. I froze. What was that for? Is she charming me? I put both of my hands in front of me to make a stop sign but then she shoved the papers to my arms and then she left without even saying good bye. I just gaped at her retreating back and sighed. I lost another battle today.

"I'm sorry, but I really can't do it since I am also busy." I mumbled. I am talking to myself again as I walk back now with a hunched back. I put the papers on the table as I finish my previous task. I looked at the clock silently ticking at the wall then at the amount of papers right in front of me and sighed. I need to be home by 6:00pm because BTS will be doing a live performance for their comeback. Thinking about BTS instantly made my mood better. I smiled. I am excited for the official release of their new album. The simple thought of seeing them after today's work give me enough energy to continue working. "You can do this Mae! Fighting!" I encouraged myself as I raise my fist in the air.

5 hours passed of non-stop photocopying and I am only halfway through the papers Miss Marizon handed to me earlier. I sighed in frustration. It's already past 4:00pm and there are still a lot of pages left to photocopy. I don't think I will reach my deadline for myself. The reports that I have to submit tomorrow morning is still undone. I can feel the world slowly closing on me. I can't watch my babies live for their comeback! I am disappointed. I feel like crying. I really want to be one of the first people to see their new music video and listen to their new songs.

"Hey, Mae, are you okay?" A voice broke out the silence in the room. I looked up and saw Jonathan leaning at the door frame his arms crossed in front of his chest. He is one of my friends here in this company. We are of the same age and graduated from the same school and coincidentally we got in almost the same time in this company.

I nodded at him in response as I continued my job with a poker face, trying my best to hide my disappointment and frustration.

"Need help?" He offered as he walked towards me to stand beside the copier machine to look at the papers stacked in front of me. My head is screaming "Yes!" but because I want to be a hero I just shook my head. I can't bother another person, I know how it feels. I don't want to be the cause of his overtime.