Nine

I woke up in the morning with my stomach hurting. I managed to crawl down the bed and walked to the bathroom. I had my ladycare on and went back to bed with my stomach still hurting. Jamal is sleeping next to me and I wouldn't want to ruin his sleep with my cries on a monthly period.

I tried to go back to sleep with no success, my stomach hurts, it hurts a lot. " ouchhhhh " I groaned louder as Jamal turned around staring at me still laying on the bed.

I didn't notice him staring at me as I cried in silence not wanting to wake him up. The pain is enough for me I don't want him to wake up insulting me . Adding salt to my wounds cause this time around I would fucking scratch his eyes out. " mummmy please help me " I cried as I felt a soft hand on my stomach.

" what's wrong Ameerah " Jamal asked rubbing my stomach. If I wasn't in pain now , I would I've felt the butterflies and bla bla bla bla , but who cares about that am in pain.

" my stomach it hurts " I cried this time around louder . As he sat on the bed, " what did you eat " he asked nicely.

Am sure he is being nice to me because of his parents who would show up anytime from now. " am on my monthly period " I manage to say as he rolled his eyes.

" is that why you are crying " he said again, I didn't know when I yelled at him.

" would you stop asking me stupid questions and mind your own business " I yelled in the most annoying and frustrating manner I could as I stood up and made my way to the kitchen.

Anytime am in pain like this, I shout on anyone I set my eyes on. I become really aggressive like a baby tiger, I opened the cupboard and picked up the pain killer tablet and made attempt to drink it with the glass of water on the slab as Jamal stopped me.

" you can't take that without eating something " he said grabbing the tablet from me as he opened the fridge and brought out pasta. He kept it in the microwave and set a timer for it as I rested my head on the slab. After some minutes the pasta was microwaved and he served it to me . I collected it from him and ate just three spoons.

" am full " I said almost whispering, as he came closer to me and handed me the tablet. I collected it and dipped it in my mouth as he fed me the water. I couldn't help myself but stare into his dark black eyes, why can't he be like this all the time.

" wow , I can see the both of you can live without each other " alhaji said as Jamal quickly kept the glass of water on the slab and we both greeted them.