Nineteen

Jamal left the house to drop his parents off at the airport, as I used the advantage to visit my my dad over at my used to be home. I was dressed in a blue abaya and white straight gown, to go I had my white sneakers on and picked up my Gucci handbag. I knocked on the door several times before the maid finally opened up. " me yasa kika dade ( what took you so long ) " I asked walking in as she shut the door.

" am sorry , I was taking care of baba upstairs " she said as I raised my eyebrows

" where is Aunty zainab " I asked confusedly

" she traveled "

What how can my step mum travel and leave my dad all alone in this house with a maid. She's so useless and wicked. I went upstairs to baba room and saw him holding a piece of picture in his hands. " baba Ina huni ( dad good evening) " I greeted as he smiled at me.

" yakike?,ya Jamal yaro na ( how are you ? How is Jamal my boy )" he asked as I smiled holding his hands.

" Jamal is fine baba, how are you ?" I asked him as he sighed as I collected the picture in his eyes and stared at my beautiful late mum in it.

" your step mum left me"

" no she didn't baba, she traveled and asked me to take you home with me " I lied as he nodded.

Me listening to dad and really agreeing that his wife left him because he was six and jobless would make his health worse and I don't want that to happen. I opened his wardrobe and packed some of his cloths into his travel bag as we both walked outside to my car . The maid helped me put dads luggage in the booth, as dad entered the car. " don't leave yet , I would came back tomorrow to pack dads cloth and pay you for your work " I stated as she nodded.

I entered my black Mercedes Benz as i drived out of the parking lot.