one

"Stacy's mom has got it goin' on." My best friend, Monica, or as I call her, Mo whispers to me as Stacy's mom literally walks into the room.

"Thanks, Mom." Stacy says and takes the notebook she forgot at home from her mom.

"No problem, sweetie." Her mom smiles and heads toward the door. Someone, and I don't know who, but someone whistles, causing Stacy's mom to slightly turn her head, but she instead decides to ignore it and walk out of the room.

"I don't think Jay hangs around you for you, Stacy." I eavesdrop on the conversation that has just begun between Stacy and some guy behind me.

"What?" She says quietly.

"Stacy, can't you see? You're just not the girl for me."

"Stop." I can actually hear the eye roll in her voice.

"I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Stacy's Mom!" He moans the last two words, Stacy's Mom, causing Stacy to sigh heavily. The class laughs and Ms. Davids calmly tells us to quiet down.

"I love songs with specific names in them." Mo whispers to me, recovering from laughing at the situation.

"You love making fun of people." I whisper back.

"Not true!" She pauses. "Well, I mean. I try my best, okay!?"

"Uh-huh." I laugh silently at her. After only three minutes, she speaks up.

"So. Is class almost done?"

"Mo, the clock is literally right in front of you." I tell her, momentarily looking up from the page I'm writing on.

"I can't do this!" She whisper-yells. "Noelle. There's still thirty minutes left."

"Chill. Complaining will make it worse."

"I don't care. Fuck you."

"Bitch." I whisper with a smile, still writing. The class goes by agonizingly slow, and when the bell rings for lunch, Mo practically jumps out of her seat.

"Fuck this class in the ass." She says, swinging her backpack over her shoulders. I laugh at her as I put my own backpack around my shoulders.

"That rhymed." She says, laughing harder at herself.

"It sure did." I laugh. "Come on." I put my arm over her shoulders and walk her out of the classroom with me. I don't even need her to tell me to know to go to her locker. We always go to her locker before lunch. She puts her textbooks in and slams it shut, so we continue the tiring walk to the cafeteria. We take our seats at our usual table: the one all the way to the right side near the corner of the room.

"Oh, fuck me." Mo says when she drops a potato chip.

"I'd love to. What time, baby?" I smirk and wiggle my eyebrows at her.

"Anytime you'd like, sweet thang." She bites her lip and we both laugh. I've known Mo since middle school, which seems like not a long time considering we're only in our junior year of high school, but we've gotten so close and made so many memories within that short amount of time; she's my best friend.

"I don't wanna go to math." I whine as I play with my food.

"Stop playing with your food, you child. And don't complain. Complaining will make it worse." She uses my words against me and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I mumble.

Lunch passes much too quickly and before I know it, I'm sitting in math class, eyes squinted down at my paper, wondering what the hell is going on. I can't solve this equation for the life of me. I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to figure it out.