six

"You look hot." I tell Mo and she shoots me a smile. She hasn't been acting like her cheery self recently, and it's bothering me.

"Mo. What's up." I sit down on the toilet seat as she curls her hair.

"It's nothing, Noelle. I'll talk about it when I want."

"And that's fine. It's just that you usually tell me when something's up."

"Well, I don't feel like it this time. Just stop bringing it up." I look away and stand up, walking out of the bathroom.

"I'll wait downstairs." I tell her briefly before walking downstairs and sitting on the couch, watching the move Bride Wars, which was already on. I look down at my outfit and hope it's not too casual. I decided on a black long-sleeve shirt; it's tight and just barely cropped. I have on a pair of light-washed jeans with rips in the knee and black sneakers. I decided on eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, and a bit of foundation for tonight; not a full face but almost there.

"Hey, Noelle." Grant says when he walks downstairs.

"Hey."

"You look nice."

"Thanks." I smile.

"Going to Sara's party?" He asks from the kitchen. He comes back with a water bottle.

"Yeah."

"Cool." He plops sown next to me on the couch. "Where's the sister?"

"She's upstairs doing her hair."

"Why aren't you with her?" I shrug.

"She's acting kinda...weird, right now, I guess."

"Maybe she's PMS-ing." He shrugs.

"Don't say that!" I say with my jaw dropped and smack him on the arm.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" He laughs and puts his hands up in defense.

"Are you ready, Noelle." Mo asks, but it comes out as more of a statement.

"Uh, yeah."

"Where do you think you're going?" Mo asks Grant when he picks up his keys.

"The party. Duh."

"Why." Mo crosses her arms. What the hell did Grant do to her?

"I was invited. I think you're forgetting that we go to school together, little sis." She sighs heavily and we walk out. Grant gets in his car and I get into Mo's.

"What were you guys talking about?" Mo asks as she grips the wheel.

"Just about the party, and he told me I looked nice. Nothing much, why?"

"Of course he did." She says under her breath before backing out of the driveway. What's that mean?

When we get to the party, Mo doesn't say much as we step up to the front door. She knocks and Sara opens it.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey! Happy Birthday!" I tell her and give her a hug.

"Thank you!" She smiles and Mo greets her as well. I follow Mo to wherever she's going until she turns around at a doorway.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll meet up with you." She briefly explains before shutting the door. I look around and see Grant at the kitchen, soI decide to join him there. He's the only other person that I know is here.

"Hey, Noelle." He says when I reach him. "Mo ditch you already?"

"She's in the bathroom." I laugh.