twenty five

Harry smiles at me, as much as he tried to hide it, across the room in math. I laugh silently and look back to the front of the room.

There's only two more days until Christmas break and the last two weeks of being "friends" with Harry has somehow not failed. It's been really nice, and I'd take him as a friend over just a person I kiss sometimes any day.

I look back toward him and he's already looking back. He smirks. I raise an eyebrow. He raises an eyebrow to mock me and his smirk grows into a smile. His teeth finally show and he rolls his eyes and looks away.

He's been in a weird mood today, and I can't put my finger on it. He's been somehow happier than usual, and it makes me wonder why. I love it, though.

After class, he slows down for me by the door so we walk out together, which sometimes he does and sometimes he doesnt; it depends on his day and his mood.

"You seem happy today." I tell him when I reach him.

"Do I?" He furrows his eyebrows and I laugh. I don't know how I made my way into Harry's list of who he calls friends, and most of the time I wonder why I did. Not that I'm complaining.

"Yes. You do." I stop at my locker to open it, and he leans against the ones next to it. He shrugs. "Did something happen?" I smile and put my math textbook away.

"No." He tries to hold back a laugh but fails. That's how I know.

"So something happened. Spill." I pull out the textbook I need and shut my locker, leaning against it to face Harry.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He tries to walk away but I grab his arm.

"I'm confused." I laugh.

"Don't be." He nods and winks before walking away.

"Hey, don't walk away from me, jerk!" I laugh and he flips me off from behind. I roll my eyes even though he can't see me and head for seventh period.

••

"Anything new with Terrence?" I ask Mo after school.

"No." She laughs.

"You don't have to pretend like it doesn't hurt." Her smile fades.

"Okay." She gives me a small smile.

I swing my arm over her shoulder and we start walking to her car.

"Can we go to McDonald's?" Mo asks, putting her head on my shoulder as we walk, which is a quite awkward position considering we're not far apart in height.

"Yes, my love." I rest my head on hers before we pull away.

"How's things with Harry?" I furrow my eyebrows at her and smile.

"We're friends."

"Don't tell me you don't like him."

"I don't." I shrug, but she sees right through me. "Well it doesn't matter because we're just friends, and I'm okay with that. I really am. He's a great friend, just not boyfriend material." I laugh and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm gonna laugh at you one day when you're riding him."

"Mo." I close my eyes and sigh.

"What? We literally discussed his dick before we even knew him. Do you remember that?"

"I do." I squeeze my eyes shut and laugh.

"Speak of the devil." I open my eyes and see Harry leaning against his car, on the phone with someone. He has a small smile on his face. His eyes catch mine and he motions for me to go over there. I look to Mo.