forty eight

"Noelle!" Harry walks up behind me.

So close.

"What happened?" I turn around to face him and sigh in defeat.

"I don't have the energy, so I'm just gonna be straight forward with you. I saw you with that girl, and I don't want you to tell me that it's nothing because it's clearly not."

"Oh.......Well.....It's not like we're exclusive, me and you." I tilt my head, eyebrows furrowed and mouth hanging open slightly.

"Wow." I turn around to walk away.

"Well, technically-" I cut him off.

"Well, technically you led me on. But I don't have a single ounce of energy to argue, or to even be around you, so I'm gonna go. Please don't follow me." I turn around again and head towards Mo's car.

"Let's go." I say quietly when I reach her.

"You okay, babe?" She asks as she backs out of the parking spot.

"Just Harry." I sigh.

"I'm sorry." She gives me a sympathetic smile. "Wanna come to my place?"

"Um, sure. Thought that wasn't a good idea?" Mo just shrugs.

"Maybe it'll be fine. It'll be fine."

"Okay." I nod in agreement. I don't feel like being alone right now anyway. I need my best friend.

We get to her house and go straight to her room.

"I know something that'll cheer you up." Mo gives a sneaky smile. I raise my eyebrows in response. Mo slowly pulls a DVD from behind her back. I gasp.

"PollyWorld." I click my tongue. "Aww, Mo." I say softly. I pat the spot on the bed next to me and smile.

Mo and I are the type of bestfriends to watch throwback movies in our free time.

No, throwback movies.

-Bratz Rock Angelz
-Barbie Fairytopia: Mermaidia
-Bratz Kidz Sleepover Adventure
-Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus
-PollyWorld
And many more!

PollyWorld is a movie based on the queen herself, the truest queen herself, Polly Pocket.

Mo puts in the DVD and lies down next to me.

The movie is just as great as it's always been and once it ends, I tell Mo that I'm gonna go make some popcorn for the next movie.

"Wait." Mo stops me before I leave her room.

"Hm?"

"If you see Grant down there-"

"Leave, ignore him, I know."

"No. I wasn't gonna say that." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Then what?"

"Like maybe...just talk to him? What he did was horrible, but I'm worried still. You know?"

"Yeah, I understand."

"I mean, would it be so bad?"

"Wo-" I cut myself off and tilt my head. "Would what be so bad?"

"I mean, Harry obviously treats you like shit. That won't happen. What if we were sister-in-laws!" Mo tries to make light of the conversation. I just give a very slight, short laugh.

"Um, Mo."

"Just, you know. Don't close yourself off."

"Yeah." I nod slowly. "I'll be back." I make my way downstairs and put a bag of popcorn in the microwave. I hear movement. Of course Grant decides to come downstairs when I'm down here. I look back to see him pulling a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Been a while." He says shortly before taking a sip.

"Uh, yeah." I furrow my eyebrows as I take the bag out of the microwave.

"You don't have to avoid coming over here. I know you and Mo like to hang out here. I won't bother you."

"Um- Uh, yeah. I know." I shrug and focus on opening the bag.

"Okay. Well....Sorry."

"It's okay. I'm over it."

"Cool." He sighs and turns.

"You know, you don't have to beat yourself up over it." This could save his life. "You were really drunk. And that was a while ago."

If I'm honest, didn't I do some fucked up shit when I was drunk too?

"Thanks." He nods just slightly before leaving. I sigh and bring the popcorn upstairs.

"Did you guys kiss and make up?" Mo asks.

"Mo." I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm not gonna get with your brother."

"Why? I support it now." I tilt my head.

"Can we just watch the movie?" I try to change the subject. A few minutes in, I glance at Mo before pulling out my phone.

Me:
Mo's trying to get me with her brother & I'm really uncomfortable & idk who else to text

I look down at my phone and play with my bottom lip. Why can't he turn his damn read receipts on? I see the typing bubbles pop up, and I glance at Mo once more.

Sammy:
isn't he the dude that attacked you!?

Me:
yeah basically

Sammy:
oh hell no

Sammy:
he's going down

Sammy:
I'm yelling timber

Me:
SAMMY HAHAHAHA

Sammy:
glad I could make you laugh

Sammy:
I should be a stand-up comedian

Me:
for sure

Sammy:
you have to come to all of my gigs

Me:
OF COURSE

Sammy:
fucking legends is what we are

Me:
legends indeed

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" Mo asks.

Was I smiling at my phone?