nineteen

I roam around the house while Mo is off dancing with other friends at yet another party. I make my way to the kitchen. Gemma's here again and glaring at Harry. What'd he do now?

"Noelle, right?" Gemma asks.

"Yeah." I smile. Harry turns around and gives me a quick sup nod. He's about to walk away when Gemma stops him.

"Will you think about it. Please." Harry just looks away and pulls out of her grip, walking off. There's always something dramatic going on with him.

"Everything okay?" I ask with a slight chuckle. Gemma smiles.

"Yeah, just...family...stuff." She shrugs it off. Maybe it's about the wedding?

I roam around the house a little more; now what? Part of me wants to go upstairs and read more of Harry's songs, but I can't do that. I feel guilty enough for what I did read.

"Noelle! Noelle! Come on, come with me." Grant pulls on my arm, dragging me upstairs.

"Grant, what are you doing, stop." He pulls me into a room, and I notice how he reeks of alcohol; he's drunk.

"Mo said you know. So the secret's out. That's why you haven't been coming over recently, but we don't have to listen to her-" He grabs my hands and I swat them away.

"Grant, stop!" He leans in to kiss me and I dodge it.

"Just let me-" He leans in again.

"Stop!" I push him away.

"Just let me kiss you, and you'll feel the same, I need to be your first."

"Grant, that's enough-"

"The thought of anyone else being your first kiss hurts, I've waited too long for this." He grabs my arms.

"Off you go." I pull his hands off of me.

"Why won't you-"

"Grant, you're like a brother to me, I'm not gonna kiss you." I cross my arms over my chest. "And you're wasted."

"Noelle. I'll–I'll do anything."

"Grant, no."

"Noelle-"

"I want you to leave me alone, this is ridiculous. You're taking it too far, stop." I reach for the door.

"Noelle!" He turns me around, so my back is on the door.

"Get off!" I push him with everything I have in me. "That's enough!" I yell at him and leave the room, rushing downstairs. I push through the crowd, hoping he won't find me. He runs down the stairs and I roll my eyes. If I could just go lock myself in a room...

I walk out of the crowd, avoiding Grant and find Harry near the kitchen.

"I'll be in your room, thanks." I say quickly before making my way upstairs and down the hall. I walk in and lock the door.

Freedom.

I hear the doorknob then a knock.

"Don't tell me you're going in my room without permission and then not let me in." I open the door for Harry and lock it when he enters. "Why is it locked?"

"Grant's following me."

"I thought you two weren't a thing."

"We're not. He's trying to make that happen, though."

"You don't want that?"

"No. Why did you follow me up here, I wasn't gonna go through your stuff." I laugh.