thirteen

I walk to the back parking lot and look for Harry. I find him parked at the end. He's leaning against the car, arms crossed over his chest, wearing a pair of RayBans. I can tell he thinks he looks so cool right now.

"Hey." I say when I approach him. He gives me a quick sup nod before getting in the car. I walk to the other side and climb into the passenger seat. The first thing I notice is the smell of the car, which is actually really good. It kinda smells like cologne and I am here for it.

We drive in silence until we reach Walmart, the one and only. We walk in and go straight to the movies.

"I don't even know what to look for."

"Well, luckily, I do." I smile at the selection of movies. "Here's Tangled, if you wanted that." I pull out the movie and hand it to him. He grabs it from me and looks at it before reading the description on the back.

"This is what entertains you?" He asks, clearly unimpressed.

"Whatever." I mumble and look for more movies. "How old is the girl you're babysitting?"

"6."

"You should get this one, I love this movie." I pull out The Good Dinosaur. He gives me a look before taking it with a sigh and reading the description, switching his weight to his left foot.

"This one doesn't sound that bad." He says under his breath, and I can't tell if he meant for me to hear it, so I decide not to reply. However, I do picture Harry watching the kids' movie and enjoying it. I smile and try not to laugh. That's a sight I'd pay to see.

"Do we need more?" He asks. I shrug. "Choose one more." He nods toward the movies and I look for another one.

"Zootopia!" I get too excited and immediately embarrass myself.

"Goodness, what next? You're gonna steal my babysitting job from me?" He laughs and snatches the movie from my hands.

"Maybe I should." I joke.

"Go ahead. She likes me better, though."

"I doubt it. One night with me, she'd never want you to babysit her again."

"Don't challenge me, I just might take that up." He says, looking over the Zootopia case. He looks up at me through his eyelashes before continuing. "I'm very competitive."

"Of course you are." I cross my arms over my chest.

We continue our trek for the babysitting essentials by going and finding cookies, including the circus animal frosted cookies, which I'll admit I still love. We pay and make our way back to the car.

"What's your address?" Harry asks when we get in the car. I give him my address and he starts driving.

"So you're a senior right?" I try to make conversation.

"Yeah. I'm assuming you're not."

"What's that mean?" I ask, offended. He just shrugs and I roll my eyes. "Junior." I say, looking out the window. When we pull up in front of my house, I grab my backpack and open the door.

"Have fun sitting on your couch with Netflix and ice cream." Harry says and I laugh that he remembers that.

"Have fun watching Tangled." He rolls his eyes. "Watch. You're gonna love every second of it."

"I don't know about that one, Noelle."

"Tomorrow at school, you're gonna have to confess, I just know it."

"I'll never tell." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Bye." I slightly laugh. He waves and I close the car door. I take out my keys from my bag and step into my house.