twenty three

And I didn't.

I didn't give in this time.

That's how I'm left sitting on my couch with a tub of ice cream watching The Office.

We only have two more weeks left of school before Christmas break, and then I get two weeks of avoiding Harry. Not that I need to; he's already avoiding me.

I focus back on the show and laugh loudly at something a character says.

"I fuckin' love Dwight." I mumble to myself, still recovering from my laugh. I shove another spoonful of the coffee flavored ice cream into my mouth when three knocks on the door make me jump. My parents aren't home this weekend; they're on vacation at their friend's cabin. I check the time on my phone.

10:34pm.

I set down my ice cream and get up from the couch. Another set of knocks on the door and I roll my eyes.

"I'm coming, jeez." I say quietly to myself. I open the door with a sigh, revealing a crying Mo and a bored Harry. I immediately feel self-conscious knowing that I'm wearing baggy sweatpants, a messy bun, and no makeup. Lovely.

"Um..." I start, not really knowing what's happening here.

"Your friend here is having a mental breakdown. Take her." Harry says, and slightly pushes her back to guide her to me.

"I'm gonna go on the couch to sleep down and lay. Lay down and sleeps." Mo mumbles.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask Harry with furrowed eyebrows.

"Nothing!" Mo whines from the couch. I step out onto my porch and close the front door.

"Okay, what happened?" I ask him a little quieter.

"She walked in on Terrence and another girl."

"Oh." My eyes go wide.

"It doesn't help that she's absolutely wasted."

"Oh." I thought she wasn't gonna waste her time on Terrence.

"She was a pain in the ass walking here."

"Sorry." I laugh lightly and pull some hair behind my ear. "Why did you guys walk?"

"Long story."

"I have time." I give a small smile while gripping the doorknob behind me still.

"Yeah. Well, Terrence wasn't much help at all, he didn't really follow after her or anything. I saw her walking down the stairs while I was in the kitchen, and she kinda fell at the last few steps." I laugh slightly picturing the situation. "I walked over to make sure she's alright, and by that point she was already crying. She briefly explained what happened and just walked out the door. So I follow her and it was obvious she's shit faced drunk. I told her to come back inside, but she said she was going to your house and obviously she couldn't walk alone, and I couldn't drive her because my car broke down this morning. Anyway, I had to walk her here and it was absolute hell, so...she's your problem now." I laugh.

"It's not a short walk." I point out.

"Yes, trust me, I know."

"I feel bad you have to walk all the way back." I scratch the back of my neck and place my hand back on the doorknob with my other.

"I don't have much of a choice. I can't just sleep on your lawn." I let out a breathy laugh.

"Did you want to, um-" I grip the doorknob harder and shrug my shoulder. "You can stay here tonight, if you...if you didn't wanna walk back, you know." I say nervously. Harry just gives me a look.