twenty

I watch as Harry laughs at something one of the guys said, his eyes closing momentarily before he catches his breath. I could watch him just laugh all day, and I hate myself for it.

Mo and I are at Denny's with Terrence and his friends, and I'm sitting right across from Harry. The entire time we've been sitting here all I can think about is last week. He probably was never even planning on kissing me, so I need to get out of my own head. But still, while I watch him from just across the table, I hope that he's thinking about it too, though it's clear it's not even on his mind.

I freeze up when I see Grant walk into the building, looking around until his eyes land on our table. Who invited him? He walks toward us and stops behind Harry.

"I need to talk to you." He says, looking directly at me. Harry cranes his neck to look at Grant, then looks back to me, then away. Thanks for the help, douchebag.

"No." I avoid eye contact with him.

"I didn't ask."

"And I don't care."

"Just for like, two minutes."

"No." I say sternly.

"Noelle. Up."

"I don't take orders from people. Especially not you." He's disgusting to me at this point, and it's weird because he used to be like the brother I never had.

"I'm not leaving."

"How did you even know I was here?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Mo said you guys were going out for lunch with the guys, so I texted Harry and asked where you guys were." I glare at Harry, who just shrugs.

"Seriously. Seriously?" I narrow my eyes at Harry.

"Grant! Why don't you join us!?" Terrence calls from the other side of the table.

"Love to!" He smiles. Luckily, I'm sitting on the end, so he can't sit next to me. Or so I thought. He pulls up a chair at the end of table, facing me and Harry. I roll my eyes and put my head in my hand.

"I was drunk that night, you know." Grant says quietly to me. I look over at Mo, who's now paying attention to everybody else, though two minutes ago she was glaring at her brother.

"Yeah, clearly." I avoid eye contact.

"You're acting like I raped you or something, you're being dramatic."

"And if I didn't stop you? You might've."

"Then it wouldn't be rape." He shoots me a wink and I look away. "Oh come on, it was a joke."

"Don't joke about rape."

"Okay, sorry, jeez. Sensitive."

"Please leave me alone."

"You don't even give people a chance."

"What?"

"Anybody that cares for you, you turn down. Like you won't even be willing to give me a chance."

"Grant, I saw you as a brother until last week, that's just weird. Really weird."

"I'm not your brother."

"That's how I always saw you. I'm just not interested, and I don't like when people force themselves on me." Even though that's never happened before Grant.

"Okay but-"

"Hey, bro, can you shut the fuck up for a sec and back off my best friend?" Mo snaps.