thirty four

What does this mean for me and Harry?

Well I'm glad you asked.

I have no fucking idea.

We haven't talked about it since the party. Which was two days ago. It's Monday and we're back at school. I'm standing in front of my locker putting a book away, and somehow can't even focus on the simple action.

"Hey." Right on cue, I hear his voice from behind me. I shut my locker and turn around to face him, leaning against it.

"Hey." I smile.

"How've you been?" He says awkwardly, and I laugh.

"Good. You?"

"Can we not do this?" He cringes.

"Yes please." I smile slightly.

"Cool." I can feel myself blushing already and he's done literally nothing. Literally nothing. We stand in an awkward silence until Harry's voice breaks it. "We're doing it."

"Yeah."

"Come over, let's do something." He starts walking toward the door. I follow close behind.

"Just give me one sec." I dial Mom's number.

"Hello?" She answers the phone.

"Hey, do you mind if I go hang at Mo's?"

"For how long?"

"A few hours, I don't know."

"Um, yeah, hold on." I wait for her to return to the phone. "Okay, yes, that's fine."

"Cool, thanks. I'll see you later."

"Okay, honey."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hang up and continue walking with Harry.

"Mo's?" He has an amused look on his face.

"I can't tell them I'm with you."

"May I ask why?"

"Because."

"I'm afraid I don't understand." He smirks.

"You're a guy." He laughs.

"Your parents don't let you date?" I snap my head at him and his eyes go wide. "Not that we're-" He shakes his head quickly. "You know what I mean."

"Right. Um, yeah, no they don't really talk about it. My mom might not care so much if she met the guy, but my dad probably wouldn't go for it." I laugh slightly. "I mean, they'd be like...freaking out if I was hanging out with a guy alone. Even as just friends." Harry nods slowly.

"Friends." He smirks and continues his slow nodding.

"What's that mean?"

"We're friends?"

"Are we not?" I ask quieter. He shrugs.

"Gee thanks." I mumble.

"Not like that, love."

"Hm?" I snap my head at him.

"I think I know how I make you feel." He smirks. I scoff.

"I think I know how I make you feel." I defend myself under my breath. Harry hears it and laughs.

"Maybe so."

"You're confusing." I roll my eyes and sigh.

"I'm confusing? Elaborate."