twenty one

We pull away from the short kiss, but Harry leans in again and suddenly we're back to kissing. My chest is literally on fire. I've always imagined what my first kiss would feel like, and this is more than I ever wished for. My mind is going completely wild as Harry's mouth moves against my own. He kisses me harder as his hand moves to rest on my thigh. My hands naturally just find their way to his hair, and I never knew that was a real thing until now. I guess it's not just something that happens in the books. My fingers slightly play with his curls as he slightly moves closer, pulling my leg toward him with his hand that's still resting on my thigh. I start to worry that since I've never kissed anyone before, what if I'm a really bad kisser? If I was that bad, though, he wouldn't be kissing me, right?

Harry pulls away and quickly moves his lips to my neck, grabbing the side of my face with his free hand. I let out a breath.

Be quiet, Noelle, people are sleeping.

I've always wondered what this would feel like, and wow.

Harry sucks on a spot just below my ear and I close my eyes, burying my fingers in his hair further.

"Harry." I accidentally moan his name slightly.

"Shh." He says against my neck, making me go wild. I close my eyes gently again, leaning my head to the side more for him. He brings his mouth back to mine. Who would've thought my first kiss would last this long? I always imagined my first kiss to be quick and sweet, but I am not complaining.

Harry's tongue slides across my bottom lip and I open my mouth slightly. Is that what you're supposed to do? The thought of having somebody else's tongue literally in my mouth always grossed me out, but experiencing it now, I am here for it. My entire body is on fire with Harry holding my face with one hand and my thigh with the other, and I can't believe I'm actually making out with Harry.

That is, until somebody on the floor is making noises. I pull away and look down at a girl, whose name I think is Pat, turning over, still asleep. I sigh. I really thought we were about to get caught.

Harry's hands are already off of me and instead he's leaning back on the couch, looking deep in thought. I face the TV and look around the room. I feel like people always imagine kissing, but never think about what comes after. Well, if you were wondering, it's very awkward and uncomfortable. I have no idea what to say.

I pay all my attention to the movie that's playing: Suicide Squad. I've seen it before, but I pretend like it's all new in attempt to forget about what just happened. Something tells me that it won't work, though.

The ring of a phone causes me to jump, and I look over to see Harry answering his phone, making no move to get up.

"Why." He says through the phone. "I have friends over.....k, whatever.....yeah. Bye." He hangs up and stands up. He kicks Terrence.

"Up." He says.

"Dude, why?" Terrence whines.

"Everyone needs to get up and leave. My mum is coming home with my sister and..." Harry sighs heavily. "I have plans, just get everyone out." Harry rubs his eyes.

"Mo, just hurry up and let's go." I shake her lazy self as I watch everybody pile out of the house.

"Okay, I know." I see Harry's mom walk in followed by Gemma and a man. Robin?

"Who's this?" His mom smiles, referring to us.

"Sorry, we're going." I laugh a little, and Mo stands up.

"No worries." She smiles. "I'm Anne. I'm Harry's mum." She reaches her hand out and I shake it lightly. She has a kind smile and my heart melts at her; she seems like such a loving person and she's literally said barely two sentences to me.

"Noelle." I introduce myself. "Nice to meet you." I tell her as I try to rush out of the house.

"Not even gonna say hi to me?" Gemma speaks up. So close.

"Hey." I laugh and she gives me a hug.

"This is Robin." Anne says, and I feel a little awkward to be meeting Harry's family when we literally just made out for no reason not long ago. "Harry's step-dad."

"Pleased to meet you." Robin nods once and gives me a smile.

"So great to meet you." I smile and head for the door once again.

"You a friend of Harry's?" Anne calls out.

Let me leave.

"Um..." I start and look to Harry.

"Sorta." Harry says with his hands in his jean pockets.

"Sorta?" Anne has a slight smirk on her face as she turns her head to look at Harry.

"Yeah, yes Mum, friends." Harry says in an agitated tone with an eye roll.

"Okay, fine, fine. Should've known better." Anne puts her hands up in defense. "I'll let you go." She chuckles.

"Nice to meet you." I smile.

"Lovely to meet you." I rush out the door and into Mo's car. I lean my head against the seat and sigh.

What did she mean by "Should've known better"?

••

"Well that was fun." Mo says as she relaxes on my bed.

"Mhm." I focus on my math homework, yet another thing to remind me of Harry.

"You okay, darlin'?"

"Yeah, sorry, just...focused."

"You never focus on homework. But I won't bother you about it."

"Sorry." I put my head in my hand. Though I'm looking down at the book, I'm not actually reading it. All I can do is replay in my mind what happened earlier. I've literally just gotten my first kiss, and I can't even tell my best friend. I can't tell her I made out with Harry. I don't even know if it meant anything to him. He's the type to mess around with girls; there's no way he actually feels anything for me, as badly as I want him to.

"Don't be sorry. But if you wanna talk about it, I hope you know who to go to."

"Of course." I sigh. "I'm just gonna go to bed." I'm not in the mood to do math homework, and if I'm honest, I don't mind getting half credit for turning it in late.

I walk over to my bed and lie down next to Mo. She drapes her arm around me.

"I love you. Sweet dreams." Mo smiles.

"I love you too. Night." I close my eyes.

Bitch if you dream of Harry...