four

"Go talk to him."

"You go talk to him."

"You're the one that talked to him."

"You talked to him too." Mo and I go back and forth on who should go talk to Harry. Personally, I don't want to. I know how awkward I am around guys, I practically shit my pants when he was showing me how to do the math problem.

"He said one sentence to me. 'Nah, I'm good, thanks'. So, you go."

"All he said to me was how to do a math problem. So you go."

"Why me?"

"You're the outgoing one."

"Why do I have to be the outgoing one?" She whines and I shrug. "I'll wave."

"He's never gonna look over here."

"You wave. He'll recognize you."

"He wouldn't recognize me." I say and she groans.

"You have an excuse for everything."

"You have an excuse for everything. Besides, you're the one that wants to get in his pants."

"Don't you?"

"No." I laugh. "You know how I am when it comes to guys."

"You bitch. I'll wait til he walks by."

"How do you know he'll even walk by?"

"He's with Terrence and the guys. He'll probably go with them to the lunch line. They have to pass us to get there." Mo explains.

"You've thought this through." I laugh at her.

"Whatever." I watch as Harry talks to the guy whose name is Terrence, I guess, and within a few minutes, Mo's theories were proven correct. Harry and a few other guys head toward the lunch line.

"Harry!" Mo calls and gives him a smile and a wave. He just gives a bit of a 'sup' nod before looking away.

"I told you. Nothing catches his eye. This guy is hard to impress."

"What about Sara's party? He probably doesn't know her, but..."

"That's her birthday party, Mo. Don't just invite a random person to that."

"I can ask Sara. She probably wouldn't mind, she loves when parties are big."

"You can talk to her, but don't force her. If it were my birthday-"

"But you're a prude."

"Mo! Rude much."

"Nothing to be ashamed of." She pats me on the back.

"Not like you've done that much either." I say, then immediately regret it. That was a total lie. Mo's done just about everything. Except that she's still a virgin. She's had her first kiss, she's had a boyfriend, she's smoked, she's been drunk, she's done...well...stuff; all of which I have not done.

"I won't even respond to that because we both know it's untrue." Mo takes a sip from her water bottle and I playfully roll my eyes.

"You're really gonna invite him to that?"

"Yeah, why not? He looks like the type of guy to enjoy parties."

"Okay." I shrug.

"You should come with me to invite him." She suggests.

"We can't both have him, Mo. Go for it." Mo purses her lips at me and rolls her eyes.

Why is somebody is always rolling their eyes?

After school, I walk to Mo's locker to see her approaching Harry. She notices me first, and motions for me to go with her. I decline, but she grabs my arm and forces me with her.

"Hey, Harry." Mo says when we reach him. He turns slightly to face us.

"Sorry, do I know you?" He asks casually. I can tell he doesn't care to be talking to us right now. I can also tell that he doesn't recognize us.

I would do anything to tell Mo, "I told you so."

"Well, we met a few days back, but I was just wondering if you wanted to come to this party over the weekend. I know you're new here and stuff, and a party can't hurt, you know." Mo laughs at the end of her sentence.

"Uh, I'll think about it." He shrugs.

"Okay, well, did you want me to text you the address or anything, or?" Mo suggests.

You sly little bitch.

"Uh," Harry's cut off by Terrence.

"What's up, ladies?" Terrence asks with a wide smile on his face. I roll my eyes. Though I didn't know his name before today, I know the kind of guy he is. Just another player.

"We were just inviting Harry here to a party." I let Mo do all the talking while I stand with my arms crossed over my chest casually.

"Sara's birthday party? Our bro Jay is going with his girl Stacy. I'm going too so. Harry will be there alright!" He pats Harry on the shoulder.

"Oh, okay, so I'm assuming you'll get the address from Terrence." Mo laughs and Harry just nods. He really does have the personality of a rock. I can tell he has no interest or care at all in Mo and it almost makes me feel a little bad for her. I'm sure she notices it too.

"Well, we'll see you there, Monica." Terrence smirks at her, then looks over to me. "And you too, I hope." Of course he doesn't know my name. I internally roll my eyes for being such a nobody.

"Yeah." I say with a nod.

"Cool. See ya, ladies." We turn around and I give another one of my infamous eye rolls.

"Well, at least Harry will be there!" Mo exclaims.